Great cruise but no steel drum or Caribbean musics

Mrearl

In the Caribbean a little Bob Marley wouldn't hurt either.

Yah mon!

We always take our music with us..

On our Oasis Cruise (which we were not crazy about)..they had a great reggse band...and a great reggae themed party..everyone loved it..

Guess the silent disco will be fun instead!

Yah mon!

We always take our music with us..

On our Oasis Cruise (which we were not crazy about)..they had a great reggse band...and a great reggae themed party..everyone loved it..

Guess the silent disco will be fun instead!

What's not to love about "One Love"? Yeah mon!

We mentioned it to the cruise director on the eclipse too (last Nov) and also put it on the comment card. I have no idea why they don't play Caribbean/island/reggae music on their Caribbean itineraries. On our last Eclipse cruise the music out by the pool was awful. Not only was it not Caribbean, it was just dreary. We bought a bluetooth speaker in Aruba and played our own music:D

Add me to the list of those who would love to see the steel band music make a return. We sailed Silhouette in January and there was nothing to suggest we were in the Caribbean, other than the scenery and of course the ports. Celebrity does a lot of things right but their onboard experience is the same wherever you are. We sailed the Med on Reflection, and there was no local food or entertainment. Last year, Princess in the British Isles did a much better job in that regard ---- some extra British themed entrees like roast beef with Yorkshire pudding and fish and chips,in the MDR, plus local entertainment brought in for pre-sailing performances, and one Irish tenor who sailed with is between 2 ports and did 2 evening shows in the main theater. There were welcome entertainers in most ports, as well, including the lovely bagpiper who played is in as we docked in Greenock. I just wish Celebrity did more of that.

I too miss and liked the steel drum bands playing on pool deck. It is ambiance. Kinda like going on a Caribbean cruise and having sun, blue skies, a nice wake, etc.

Wonder if playing as was mention 'elevator music' with low turn out can then be construed as not of interest and thus cut out music with justification/stats?

I responsible for testing all new products that vendors presented to our medical lab. I did this for about a year. During that time, I realized I was the gate keeper, I could sink any new product if I wanted or the opposite and at least the product was considered.