Picky eater on the Liberty

bubbs71

Let's all please keep in mind the OP (bubbs71) only wanted to know if it would be possible for a friend to order a hamburger for dinner in the Main Dining Room.

Happily, yes it will! :D

Thanks to you and to the others that tried to share information without judging someone whom they know nothing about. I'm glad to know that she'll be able to join us for dinner!

Thanks again!

Thanks to you and to the others that tried to share information without judging someone whom they know nothing about. I'm glad to know that she'll be able to join us for dinner!

Thanks again!

And bon appetite to you all! ;)

Please also keep in mind if everyone else is eating in the MDR, your friend can order a custom made burger not listed on the menu. I have always found that on any Carnival ship, they have allowed my kids to order off menu basic items like a Bacon Cheeseburger and fries even though it wasn't on the menu. She will be fine.

I am 43 and a VERY picky eater! I am always able to find something to eat in the MDR. Your friend can get chicken or steak any night if desired and can order off of the children's menu as well. I will typically order one of those almost every night but the BBQ ribs and spaghetti carbonara are great as well. Please do not let your friend feel ashamed for being picky - I still get harassed to this day by family members at holiday meals - turkey (or ham), corn and a roll is my go-to at each holiday. Please feel free to find the menus online for her to look at to help with anxiety about not being able to find something to eat each night. And if all else fails, she can grab a burger at Guy's before dinner and just enjoy the atmosphere (and maybe some rolls!!) at dinner with the rest of your group!

Actually, you are being incredibly rude! I think some of you are in the wrong forum. This is the forum for the *fun* ships. Not the judgmental butinski ships (hmmm, which cruise line would that be).

If someone wants hamburger every night, or fine steak, or sushi, or pizza.... enjoy!

Happy cruising everyone.

OPs concern is that the friend may be unable/unwilling to eat in the MDR with them solely over the basis of whether or not a hamburger is available. That person is the 'fun' killer, not me.

I fail to understand the parents that ask if their child can get pizza every day because their child is a picky eater and pizza is all they will eat. Now, that's usually how they phrase it. If the question was - my kids love pizza, can they eat it every day? - different story. But saying pizza is the only thing they will eat shows that the parents are allowing this negative behavior to develop. Indulging children to in that way won't help them.

Honestly, eating local foods is one of my favorite part of international travel. Having a full menu of new foods and drinks to try (when it's on the beverage plan) for free is a great part of cruising. I'm not expecting everyone to embrace that. But being unable to find something you are willing to eat off a menu with 10 choices (more if you consider the possibility of just getting a few rounds of a favorite soup/salad/appetizer) is a little over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

On any cruise ship MDR you can order any of the entrees or veggies NAKED - they will bring them without the sauces. DH frequently does this - especially with fish - and has never had a problem.

I have done this many times also. If I'm not sure about something I will ask them to serve it "on the side." I taste test and if I like it, I add it to the food, if not, no big deal.

I think the only time I paid extra to eat at a restaurant in port was in San Juan, at the place where the Pina Colada was invented. If lunch is included in a tour, that's OK as well, but otherwise, breakfast before leaving the ship and a Guy's Burger or pizza once back on is fine with me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Slight hijack, what's the name of that restaurant?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Actually, you are being incredibly rude! I think some of you are in the wrong forum. This is the forum for the *fun* ships. Not the judgmental butinski ships (hmmm, which cruise line would that be).

If someone wants hamburger every night, or fine steak, or sushi, or pizza.... enjoy!

Happy cruising everyone.

I think Dr. Phil has an active forum.