World Class Bar

QuakerBoy

The general consensus is that it was a mistake getting rid of the Molecular Bar, and replacing it with the World Class Bar.

Here is a good video that basically sums it up.

Have to wait maybe 5 seconds to the point where he talks about it.

We just finished a two-week southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse, and went to World Class Bar about three times. Two years ago, again on Eclipse, we frequented Molecular Bar, almost every day. Our own experience is that Molecular was much better. Better, more interesting, more varied, tastier drinks, and better service. The one drink my wife really wanted required dry ice, which they didn't have the entire two weeks. Another night multiple people waited over 20 minutes after the bar was supposed to open. A manager was flagged down who made a call, and a few minutes later the bartender showed up. Didn't apologize for being late, didn't put out any menus, and had to re-make a drink or two that was returned as sub-par (not by us). Like I said, that was our own experience. I hope others had a better time there.

PS: Decor basically the same, same bar, same tables, a bank of TVs all showing drinks being made. The set of bottles and jars of flavorings was smaller from what I remember from the Molecular Bar.

We were on your cruise and the one before that.

On your cruise they were training a new bartender (who is an award-winning bartender but not yet familiar with the World Class offerings) .

My husband is one of those who sent a drink back.

I think they should have trained that bartender on the previous cruise while the two guys familiar with the menu were still working.'

That said, he was only there alone when the regular guy was eating dinner so we learned to time it so we weren't there at those times.

Another patron also taught us that if we asked the regular bartender for "Bartender's Choice" rather than anything on the menu , the drinks were outstanding!

We also really enjoyed the drinks offered at the Molecular Bar due to their complexity and uniqueness. On Reflection last month we tried almost everything at the World Class Bar and were disappointed. We both felt as though the drinks were not nearly as complex and tasted mostly just like the alcohol they were made from. I think another poster said it best when they stated they were like classic cocktails with a minor twist. That said I also agree that everyone should try them and make up their own mind.

The other thing that kind of stuck out to me was it seemed like the World Class Bar is a commercial for Diageo and all their brands. X used to have to pay Junior the creator of the Molecular Bar for the use of the drinks in addition to having to purchase some of the ingredients directly from his company. Now it seemed more like X may be getting paid to have the World Class bar on their ships.

If you are looking for interesting cocktails we thought Sushi on Five had some good ones. Luminae also has some good options if you are in a suite.

Hi Tom!

Even with everything I said above we did enjoy the Molecular Bar more.

I also found out that the World Class Bar makes all the drinks for Sushi on 5 (and I agree those were great) .

Too bad it doesn't seem ok with the powers that be that you could get them from the World Class.

You might be right about the financial arrangement between Celebrity and Diageo.

It seems like more and more areas are outsourced. I think ALL of the stores and the "art" are not owned or run by Celebrity.

I think long term quality may be compromised but short-term profits must be better. :(

Are they planning on keeping or replacing the Molecular Bar on Equinox?

The molecular bar changed to the World Class Bar quite some time ago, unfortunately I don't think it will change anytime soon 😥

The molecular bar changed to the World Class Bar quite some time ago, unfortunately I don't think it will change anytime soon 😥

Damn! Any ships still have the Molecular Bar onboard?

Also, take a look at this youtube video that talks about the switch. You only need to watch for 15 secs or so

We are not fans of the World Bar.. The location sucks (near the Art Gallery) and the drink menu leaves much to be desired. We have tried most of the drinks (on our past 2 cruises we had the Premium Package so drinks were free) and have not been impressed. And there is one interesting looking drink, made with dry ice, which they never have because they do not have the dry ice (our last bartender told us they had never served this drink on the Eclipse...since he started).

The World Bar concept is fine, but they really need to totally revamp their drink menu, add many more options, and perhaps offer some hors d'oevres.

Hank

We are not fans of the World Bar.. The location sucks (near the Art Gallery) and the drink menu leaves much to be desired. We have tried most of the drinks (on our past 2 cruises we had the Premium Package so drinks were free) and have not been impressed. And there is one interesting looking drink, made with dry ice, which they never have because they do not have the dry ice (our last bartender told us they had never served this drink on the Eclipse...since he started).

The World Bar concept is fine, but they really need to totally revamp their drink menu, add many more options, and perhaps offer some hors d'oevres.

Hank

Some live music there too might bring people in. Maybe a solo guitarist or something intimate.

Can anyone confirm that (most of) the drinks at the World Class Bar are still covered by the premium beverage package? It seems like the last menus I saw showed ALL of the drinks being at least $2-3 more than the premium package limit, with a few being $5 over (that I'd expect wouldn't be covered)

Yes most of the drinks are covered by premium Package,there was one drink that made from whisky that I like and cost $15.00

I just paid the different and charged $2.36.

Our experience in early 2016 was the same as iSailor's, but on Silhouette this past December there seemed to be a new menu and on it, many if not most drinks were more than the Premium package allowed. It's true that the cost difference was only a dollar or two, but with poor service, and a feeling that the new prices were not worth the drinks, we spent our drinking hours at different bars.

I would love to know what drinks people enjoyed. I tried the Strawberry Fields on my recent Reflection cruise but it was much too sweet. The bartenders were also rather surly, which was such a difference from every other bartender we encountered at the other bars.

Please share your fave drinks (not a whiskey fan:()

Our experience in early 2016 was the same as iSailor's, but on Silhouette this past December there seemed to be a new menu and on it, many if not most drinks were more than the Premium package allowed. It's true that the cost difference was only a dollar or two, but with poor service, and a feeling that the new prices were not worth the drinks, we spent our drinking hours at different bars.

On the Eclipse a month ago there were only 2 drinks that weren't included in the Premium package.

As far as the surly bartenders - I wasn't on your cruise so really can't judge but we spent a lot of time at the World Class bar and I think I might have gotten less than pleasant also if I had had to explain as many times as they did (and I only observed them being perfectly nice about it) that they only had the drinks on the menu.

Plenty of people argued with them as though they were capable of producing that beer (or whatever else the request was for) that the passenger wanted.

Damn! Any ships still have the Molecular Bar onboard?

Also, take a look at this youtube video that talks about the switch. You only need to watch for 15 secs or so

No ships have the molecular bar onboard anymore!

Sent from my iPad using Forums