Can you use the swimming pool after 6 pm on QM2?

BoiiMcFly

Sorry if the question may seem silly, but with the dress code being enforced after 6 pm, are you still allowed to hang by the pool in a bathing suite or what are the rules when it comes to evening swimming?

Some other posters on here seemed to have succeeded in frighting others (like yourself) into believing this after "6PM dress code" nonsense. Please take no notice of them.

Whilst there is a dress code after 6, it applies to the MDR, bars etc. It does not apply when simply walking around the ship in order to get from A to B (so in your case, from your cabin to the swimming pool). You have nothing to worry about.

Fear not, you don't have to change into Black Tie just to leave your cabin in order to go for a swim, even though other people on here would have you believe otherwise.

Love your answer ToadOfToadHall :) Yes you can go swimming, I think the pool is open until around 10 pm? I can't remember exactly. There are plenty of ways to get to and from the pool without going near the dining rooms, theatre or bars.

Love your answer ToadOfToadHall :) Yes you can go swimming, I think the pool is open until around 10 pm? I can't remember exactly. There are plenty of ways to get to and from the pool without going near the dining rooms, theatre or bars.

Thank you.

And think about it like this:

If you don't want to follow the evening dress code (fair enough) then you can eat in the buffet if you wish. But you still have to get from you cabin to the buffet - so unless you are Doctor Who and can use your Tardis so that no one sees you "incorrectly dressed", it's going to be a tad tricky !

BoilMcFly - you were the one originally asking about dress codes generally (on another thread) and I had not sailed on Cunard at that time. I have now and I can tell you that yes, to dine in the main dining room or drink in the main bars you will need a jacket and nice trousers and shirt on informal nights and a dark suit, shirt and tie on formal night.

BUT don't be scared off - I nearly was. The nights we didn't go to Britannia Restaurant were wonderful. Yes, we put on suitable clothing ie, nice casual clothes, but it was just so relaxing and the food in the Lido Buffet (we were on QE) was fantastic! Every night different choices that were equally as good, if not better, than the offering in the main restaurant. We sat out on the back deck in the evening until dark and there was absolutely no worry about what we were wearing.

Even in the theatre later at night we noticed many men without jackets - my husband still took his but it was way too hot too wear it. We noticed many people slipping into the theatre more casually dressed and no one seemed to notice or care. I was only looking/noticing because after reading this forum I was more aware.

Once you are on board you will realise you were worrying for no reason.

BoilMcFly - you were the one originally asking about dress codes generally (on another thread) and I had not sailed on Cunard at that time. I have now and I can tell you that yes, to dine in the main dining room or drink in the main bars you will need a jacket and nice trousers and shirt on informal nights and a dark suit, shirt and tie on formal night.

BUT don't be scared off - I nearly was. The nights we didn't go to Britannia Restaurant were wonderful. Yes, we put on suitable clothing ie, nice casual clothes, but it was just so relaxing and the food in the Lido Buffet (we were on QE) was fantastic! Every night different choices that were equally as good, if not better, than the offering in the main restaurant. We sat out on the back deck in the evening until dark and there was absolutely no worry about what we were wearing.

Even in the theatre later at night we noticed many men without jackets - my husband still took his but it was way too hot too wear it. We noticed many people slipping into the theatre more casually dressed and no one seemed to notice or care. I was only looking/noticing because after reading this forum I was more aware.

Once you are on board you will realise you were worrying for no reason.

Hi there! Well that's a definitely a big relief, so it seems that Cunard is actually not as strict about dress code as many make them out to be. Good to know. We definitely want to partake in at least one formal night, but it is nice to know that there are still more "casual" options available to cruisers. I hope you had a great time on your cruise aboard the QE.

However, please note that you have to wear black tie or a ball gown when you take a dip in the pool after 6:00 PM on formal nights. Hopefully your formal wear will not shrink.