On-board credit confirmation prior to boarding

NSTravel

You cannot check with the cruise line until you are at ship. Your TA should be on top of it and if it is not there then you will have to deal with them when you get back. The on board credit will be posted to your account and if it is a meal it will be in your cabin in letter form when you arrive. Usually TA are pretty good about things like that ! Have a great cruise

Bring a print out of your TA reservation details listing OBC. If there is a hitch with OBC given by TA (as opposed to promotional OBC from X itself) which I did once experience-- X will need to contact the TA directly.

This is unusual but you will be prepared.

How can I check and ensure the on-board credit my travel agent says I have is actually in my account, prior to boarding our cruise?

Any onboard credit that you are receiving from Celebrity should be listed on your "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy " that Celebrity issues to you.

When you use a travel agent, Celebrity sends both the TA's copy and the guest copy to the TA, and the TA then sends you your guest copy of the Celebrity Booking Confirmation.

Your TA should have already sent you your copy of Celebrity's Booking Confirmation, but if you have not yet received it, just call your TA and ask for it.

Any time you make a payment or any kind of change to your reservation, Celebrity issues you an updated copy of your Booking Confirmation.

It is important to check it over to make sure that the agent applied your payment to the correct reservation each time, since you can no longer make any payments yourself when you use a TA but must rely on the TA to make the payments for you.

(The copy # at the upper right of the confirmation keeps increasing every time they issue an update.)

If you are receiving any additional OBC from the TA, then that should be shown on a separate statement from the TA.

When you give your booking to a TA, all your billing and payment information disappears from your online Celebrity account and you can no longer see it there.

That is why it is so important to check your updated Booking Confirmation from Celebrity each time.

You may have a wonderful TA, but even the most honest TA is only human, and we all make mistakes.

Remember the old saying: Trust, but verify.

Edited by varoo