Crown and Anchor

I move from Emerald to Diamond midway through my cruise (after 3 days). Is it worth going to see the Loyalty Ambassador onboard when I hit the threshold to see if they can change my status? It's the 3 free drinks I'm after per day!:D

I move from Emerald to Diamond midway through my cruise (after 3 days). Is it worth going to see the Loyalty Ambassador onboard when I hit the threshold to see if they can change my status? It's the 3 free drinks I'm after per day!:D

Since it does not cost you anything but a few minutes, I'd say it's "worth it". However, I would not expect them to grant you Diamond perks.

You can try, can't hurt. But the rules are that you are awarded those points about a week to 10 days AFTER your cruise. Wouldn't it be a tad unfair to the others that are about to turn to the next level? It could possibly be a nightmare for the Loyalty Ambassador on board to have to adjust everyone before their actual points are posted.

I always thought of it this way: It just makes that next cruise all the more sweeter and something to really look forward to. :)

No you move to Diamond after you complete your cruise.

In my 10 years in this forum the number of people that have reported doing this successfully is pretty small. We tried it on Freedom in 2015 when we became Diamond, didn't work for us, but we had been upgraded to a cabin where a D+ member had canceled last minute. We got all his amenities as well as special orders he had.

Maybe you can do like this guy did on my Majesty cruise last May, - There was a Diamond Breakfast in the MDR and he walked in saying "I just turned Diamond today and I'm eating here" Nobody threw him out :)

In my 10 years in this forum the number of people that have reported doing this successfully is pretty small. We tried it on Freedom in 2015 when we became Diamond, didn't work for us, but we had been upgraded to a cabin where a D+ member had canceled last minute. We got all his amenities as well as special orders he had.

Maybe you can do like this guy did on my Majesty cruise last May, - There was a Diamond Breakfast in the MDR and he walked in saying "I just turned Diamond today and I'm eating here" Nobody threw him out :)

Would have been pretty funny if no one waited on him....allowed in, not thrown out, but no

food served. ;p:')