Concierge class.

Newby58

I also heard since the concierge class cabins tend to be near suites you often get a better cabin attendant as they are the ones who also tend to the suites....our C3 cabin is right next to a suite...so hoping this is the case 😊

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I find it 'odd' that you don't recommend the even numbered cabins on the opposite side!:D

We have a friend who insists her cabin has to be port side. She recently returned from a cruise on a ship she has been on before. Her sons paid for her, but selected a cabin on the starboard side. She says she did not enjoy the cruise because the cabin was not on the port side - Go figure. OCD ???

We have a friend who insists her cabin has to be port side. She recently returned from a cruise on a ship she has been on before. Her sons paid for her, but selected a cabin on the starboard side. She says she did not enjoy the cruise because the cabin was not on the port side - Go figure. OCD ???

Hmmm. Wonder why? To me the Starboard side is preferred because smoking is allowed on the Port side on the pool deck. On the lower decks I'm sure that wouldn't make any difference, but if you're on one of the top decks and the wind blows a certain way you might get a whiff of smoke on the Port side....?

It most certainly is possible to ask for a cheese plate or cookies instead. I have received these last year. YMMV though -- you can only ask. Ditto the fruit default seems to be 3 green apples but this could also vary.

Re Concierge cabins pricing, yes I have also seen Concierge priced the same as balcony on a couple of cruises both solstice and M class and even $100 -50 less than 2As. May be impacted by certain promotions or a port intensive itinerary perhaps.

Thanks. This is very good to know.

I'd probably like the apples. Are those the treats some days?

Hmmm. Wonder why? To me the Starboard side is preferred because smoking is allowed on the Port side on the pool deck. On the lower decks I'm sure that wouldn't make any difference, but if you're on one of the top decks and the wind blows a certain way you might get a whiff of smoke on the Port side....?

I agree about the smoke. She denies that she ever smelled smoke except when some smoked on a balcony. She was n the Allure last month, and going again in December. She will be on deck 14 because of her grandkids. Told her deck 15 is the pool deck and to expect the sounds of chairs scraping, etc. and the crew setting the chairs. She does not believe that is possible.

I do the lowest deck that has concierge rooms. Like cabins above and below. We just have a fruit plate delivered in the afternoon instead of canapés. The apples are in your cabin when you arrive. The only perk I love are the footstools but once we get to elite will go back to regular balconies (except maybe on long cruises with lots of sea days - footstools [emoji16]).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I do the lowest deck that has concierge rooms. Like cabins above and below. We just have a fruit plate delivered in the afternoon instead of canapés. The apples are in your cabin when you arrive. The only perk I love are the footstools but once we get to elite will go back to regular balconies (except maybe on long cruises with lots of sea days - footstools [emoji16]).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I can see the footstools would be more comfortable for extended lounging on the veranda—and yet strangely that doesn't even seem to be one of the perks of CC that's directly mentioned on Celebrity's website.

Yes, I can see the footstools would be more comfortable for extended lounging on the veranda—and yet strangely that doesn't even seem to be one of the perks of CC that's directly mentioned on Celebrity's website.

It's not a cc perk. Some of the ships/cabins have them. Not a cabin category promise.

I don't understand your comment or concern. They all give their best service. I have never had a bad room attendant in any category cabin I've sailed in. Better cabin attendant because they tend the suites? There wasn't a suite in sight on our deck recently on Summit cruise in cc cabin and service was excellent. Sometimes I think people expect too much. What is a good room attendant vs. a bad one on a cruise?

Your room attendant works until around 1pm cleaning rooms. After that they have a 2nd job someplace on the ship until it's time to go back to doing the evening turn down service. They don't have the time or ability to bring you special treat in the afternoon. You can call room service or go get it yourself. There is no special ordering for an afternoon treat in a cc cabin. Those daily delectables are prearranged brought down from the kitchen en mass and are a waste of the cruiseline's money IMHO.

I agree. I wouldn't ask for a special plate in a regular cabin. Those people are so busy!

But if we are in a suite, I do ask for something special.

It's not a cc perk. Some of the ships/cabins have them. Not a cabin category promise.

I had no idea it wasn't an official perk! Oh boy.

About the CC pricing. I have yet to book a C2 cabin and not be able to get the price lower. I watch the cabin prices like a hawk and call when they go down. We get our favorite cabin and end up paying usually only about $100 more for it when the prices come down. I think we paid that extra $300 just once, but it was a 2 week Christmas/NYE cruise and so worth it. It was a cruise that was in demand so it makes sense that the cabin prices didn't go down (that much).

For what it's worth, I have experienced far better service booking a cabin near the suites and CC cabins do come with foot stools. What is bad service? That's a new thread to start.

Oh, I have also had excellent service on non suite floors - sometimes it's luck of the draw.

For what it's worth, I have experienced far better service booking a cabin near the suites and CC cabins do come with foot stools. What is bad service? That's a new thread to start.

Oh, I have also had excellent service on non suite floors - sometimes it's luck of the draw.

That has always been our experience, but from the post above, it isn't a perk that is official.

So will it always be provided? Hope so!

So those "Daily Delectable Delights" just don't seem to impress many people at all....Mmm.

Is it possible to ask your room attendant to bring a cheese plate or something else instead? A standing order for a slice of pie? Or whatever actually is good in the kitchen that day??

We have always had the concierge class cabin. Each time, we start looking for a balcony cabin, but we pick it because by the time we pick the location of cabin we want, CC is just a few dollars more. If it were a huge price difference, we wouldn't do it, but the fact that it never has been for us, makes the little perks worth it.

It is possible to change the afternoon canapés to a cheese plate. We request it every time. It was never a problem.

There were 3 apples and sparkling wine on arrival - we asked our concierge to take them and share them with the crew ( we knew there wasplenty of lovely fruit in ocean view cafe daily) as the platter was in the way..... The canapes arrived around 4pm each day and were sort of cute but as there's so much food on board, we never felt like we wanted to eat them, although what we had was nice - they come in a 4 dish platter and just enough for 2 people - on various days there were such things as a few melon balls, a daily selection of olives, cheeses wrapped in meat, tiny toasts with pate, dip and corn chips, tiny choc chip cookies, marinated prawns, bite sized sushi.... they weren't awful by any means like some say, just not needed and simply too full from all the food onboard. The welcome lunch was 3 courses of 3 choices, I didn't copy a menu sorry - but I had prawn cocktail, lovely filet steak with mash and spinach and an apple tarte tatin with wine as per my drinks package - the pinot grigio was lovely. Hubby had carrot soup, lamb ribs and a selection of sorbets - it was all lovely and a good start in meeting fellow passengers and nicely filled in the time until our cabin was ready :)

Booked Edge class for April 21, 2019 and C1 cabin for that week was less than new E category (one step below concierge category).

I've done CC on the Summit and it cost less than a 2A balcony due to a promotion. While the canapés are not very good our concierge was excellent and helpful with anything and everything we wanted.

We also received an invite for a sailaway on the helipad and enjoyed lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As the OP and after reading all these posts AND new to Celebrity I can categorically say that I will be happy with my cabin location and price regardless of any perks and if they are worth it or not or if we even get them or not. This is a bucket list French Polynesia holiday of a lifetime for us. 18 nights. It's all subjective don't you think? We have time to plan and pay. Cheryl.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

All staterooms include:

Services

• • Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1
  • • Twice daily service (makeup and turndown)
  • • Daily ice service in stainless steel ice buckets

Dining

• • 24 hour room service

Amenities

• • Robe
  • • Complimentary tote bag
  • • Custom blended bath products (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), shower cap, cotton balls and cotton swabs
  • • Water/wine glasses
  • • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens
  • • Hair dryer

Stateroom Features

• • Private mini-bar*
  • • Interactive Samsung flat-screen television system to view and select shore excursions, order room service, and watch movies*
  • • Private safe
  • • Dual voltage 110/220AC outlets

*Additional charges apply.

In addition Concierge Class staterooms include:

Services

• •NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk
  • • Priority check-in
  • • NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • • NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge
  • • Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

• • NEW Exclusive Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant (11:30am - 1:00pm)
  • • Main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences

Amenities

• •Welcome Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine with a commemorative label featuring exclusive art work
  • • Welcome fresh fruit
  • • Daily Delectable Delights
  • • Pillow menu to suit sleeping preferences
  • • Celebrity eXhale™ bedding featuring custom premium mattresses, plush duvets and pillows, and pure cotton linens
  • • Concierge Class Captain's Club points (5 pts per night)
  • • Plush 100% cotton bathrobes & towels
  • • Custom-blended bath amenities
  • • Use of golf umbrella and binoculars
  • • Celebrity tote bag
  • • Celebrity embossed key holder
  • • Celebrity embossed notepad and pen

Stateroom features

• • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead

I notice that the description of amenities for AQ on website have changed in that they do not state that you get everything that CC gets plus the added list. Does anyone know if this is a new policy or just an error on the website? I'm curious as might be interested in the embarkation lunch and a few other things.

The Concierge Class balconies and Sky Suites located on Deck 12 are directly below the rather high noise environment of the ocean view café. It is one of the LEAST desirable locations on the ship, and therefore the REASON they were planned, marketed and priced as "better" than other locations that are more quiet.

The AQ cabins on deck 11 are directly under the pool deck... and are also "schlock marketed" as "better" than other locations which are more quiet.

Straight from the P.T. Barnum school of Marketing and Advertising.

Amen.....2141 on Reflection was the noisiest cabins ever. I was awake almost every night with noise from the buffet. The balcony was totally covered and had some obstruction. Concierage? Really?

One more perk is that you accumulate Captains Club points at a faster rate. It pushed us into Elite class faster than a regular cabin would have. This next cruise will be our first as Elite passengers. I'm looking forward to breakfast in the Tuscan Grill, the shower head and priority departure for excursions.

I have stateroom 2108 on the even side. Yikes! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh the humanity :eek:! You'll survive on that side, no matter what some may say! :D

One more perk is that you accumulate Captains Club points at a faster rate. It pushed us into Elite class faster than a regular cabin would have. This next cruise will be our first as Elite passengers. I'm looking forward to breakfast in the Tuscan Grill, the shower head and priority departure for excursions.

Extra points are why we did CC for several cruises. Now we are Elite and will be Elite+ in no time.

More points with suites, don't ya know. :D

Captain's Club points. They are like crack for cruisers.