Choice Air - Need German Language Assistance

IamJo

We booked our 9/1 Greek cruise via a German travel agency even though we are in the US. I can't book Choice Air via the Miami office and they have nicely given me the Frankfurt phone number. After adding International Calling to my plan, I finally reached the office and the recording in completely in German. I called back the US office and they said they couldn't help me. I also email Celebrity and have not yet received a response. If the fares on the web site are accurate, I would really like to book them. Any suggestions, or if anyone speaks German, maybe you can call and have an English speaking representative call me back?????? Thanks so much!

We booked our 9/1 Greek cruise via a German travel agency even though we are in the US. I can't book Choice Air via the Miami office and they have nicely given me the Frankfurt phone number. After adding International Calling to my plan, I finally reached the office and the recording in completely in German. I called back the US office and they said they couldn't help me. I also email Celebrity and have not yet received a response. If the fares on the web site are accurate, I would really like to book them. Any suggestions, or if anyone speaks German, maybe you can call and have an English speaking representative call me back?????? Thanks so much!

Hi,

Choice air is better to book with your travel agent or, if you know which airline flight # etc, to book online...my phone experience with them was not very good ... they told me one price but charged me an other...

their prices are usually much better than airline prices...

Talk to your Travel agent..

Good luck...

Rose

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

IJ - you can also do an internet search for translators, as well. Either in your local community or region who will be happy to assist. Even if there is a secondary school where presumably German may be taught, either the teacher or a proficient student can assist.

bon voyage

I did email my travel agent and hope I wake up to an email from her! I am unable to book online because the system only accepts cruise reservations made in the US. We know exactly which flights we want and emailed them to the agent. Just thought I'd try the phone approach so I don't lose the fare. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hi. I am an American living in Germany. I am surprised at how gracious most Germans are to speak English to me. If you call try pressing 0 for the operator, or any number if 0 does not work. When a live person comes on the line say, "English, bitte." (Bittuh). If the person can help you they will reply in English. If they reply in German and don't hang up it means they are finding someone to help you. Say "danke" and wait. Good luck!

I did email my travel agent and hope I wake up to an email from her! I am unable to book online because the system only accepts cruise reservations made in the US. We know exactly which flights we want and emailed them to the agent. Just thought I'd try the phone approach so I don't lose the fare. Thanks for the suggestions!

We live in Europe and book most of the times thru US agency, sometimes with German agency. You can not use the reservation number from Germany to book on Choice Air directly as you found out. We tried last year and were told we could only book Choice Air thru German agency via Celebrity. We requested the price for booking exact same flights, etc. through them, they got quote from Celebrity Choice Air and it was exactly double than what Choice Air had on their website. We queried with Choice Air and Celebrity directly whether this was a mistaken and price maybe was per cabin instead of per person or whether maybe transfers to ship from airport were included.. However we were assured price quoted was correct, it was for flights only, it was just more expensive to book through German agency. We finally ended up booking directly with airline for price quoted (+/- couple of $) on Choice Air website and for half of the price quoted via German agency. We tried this again for next Summer's cruise and again price was about 70 % more than on Choice Air website or directly from Swiss Airlines. These were both for inter-Europe flights. Therefore, do not loose any time trying to reach them. Once could have been a fluke, but the second experience confirms that they are trying to make too much money from European bookings.

But would still like to hear what your experience is.

I have a feeling that it is going to be the same for me. The price on Choice Air on the US site is exactly 1/2 of what I can get it for through the airlines. I think that it won't be that price via the German site. But I got a great price on the cruise so I feel great about that! I'll keep you updated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk