Business Center Question

bneems

Hello,

I will be sailing on Indy starting this Saturday. I'm expecting a job offer to come through while I'm out at sea. I'd like to sign and return while aboard. I do have the VOOM internet access. Will I have the ability to print and scan anything in the business center? I feel like the business center/ships capabilities with internet have come a LONG way in the past few years and haven't been to the actual business center in almost 10 years. TIA.

Hello,

I will be sailing on Indy starting this Saturday. I'm expecting a job offer to come through while I'm out at sea. I'd like to sign and return while aboard. I do have the VOOM internet access. Will I have the ability to print and scan anything in the business center? I feel like the business center/ships capabilities with internet have come a LONG way in the past few years and haven't been to the actual business center in almost 10 years. TIA.

I wouldn't call the computer area a business center. I don't recall seeing a scanner or fax machine. My recollection of trying to print an email attachment, many years ago, was that the software wasn't compatible with what was sent to me. But that doesn't mean you don't have options. I used to be able to get a fax number for the ship which I gave my office. Never actually needed it. Call RCI to get the number. If you can print out what is sent you I would think the ship could fax it out for you. I'm sure there is a charge. Good luck.

Hello,

You will have the ability to print in guest computer area. However, I don't know if there will be any guest scanning capability. Would you be able to use your camera or phone to take a photo of the signed document and email that back?

You will have the ability to print in guest computer area. However, I don't know if there will be any guest scanning capability. Would you be able to use your camera or phone to take a photo of the signed document and email that back?

That's a great point. I should be able to do that if the VOOM is good on Indy;p

Hello,

A few points: If you know an offer is coming, why not reach out the employer and give them a heads up that you will be unavailable? You certainly don't want to set a precedent as "always accessible, even on vacation".

If you are just anticipating an offer, reach out to them and see if there is any additional information they need for their decision making process - and by the way, I will be out of town until XXXXXX.

Depending on the employer, many use an entirely paperless process, so you would receive a link to your offer where you review and provide an electronic signature.

As a Director of Human Resources (who recently sailed Independence!), I see these things play out daily when offering positions. Good luck and congratulations (in advance) on your new position.

Dan

A few points: If you know an offer is coming, why not reach out the employer and give them a heads up that you will be unavailable? You certainly don't want to set a precedent as "always accessible, even on vacation".

If you are just anticipating an offer, reach out to them and see if there is any additional information they need for their decision making process - and by the way, I will be out of town until XXXXXX.

Depending on the employer, many use an entirely paperless process, so you would receive a link to your offer where you review and provide an electronic signature.

As a Director of Human Resources (who recently sailed Independence!), I see these things play out daily when offering positions. Good luck and congratulations (in advance) on your new position.

Dan

Hey Dan,

I am myself in HR too. I am a Recruiter :). I have notified all parties. I am preparing to have to do my best while on the ship incase the offer comes through while I'm at sea. If it comes in the next day or so, I won't need to worry about it. Thanks for your input!

I saw people printing things in the computer area a couple months ago, I think it was on Indy. We did 3 cruises this winter:p

Another thought if you need help and are a C&A member, maybe talk to the Loyalty Rep. I would hope they would be willing to help you accomplish what you need somehow.