Juneau Whale Watch vendor

SJSMOM

We are booked with Juneau Whale Watch for the Whale watch/Mendenhall Glacier excrusion for our September cruise.

Contacted them and told them we are scheduled to arrive a 1pm and if we could make the 1:30 tour and was told that shouldn't be an issue. Was told that afternoon tours will stop at Mendenhall first and we can stay there up to 2-3 hours and then will be picked up for the whale watching tour which runs about 2 hours. Since we are in port until 10pm, we don't see any issues with how late we get back.....

Your Juneau Whale Watch company sounds like exactly the tour I was trying to cobble together.

Are there reviews of this group regarding tour size? Boat size? I'm on a Harv & Marv following recommendations here on the tour but having the two things I want combined into a tour I don't have to worry about....win! I'd love info on this tour company and group and boat size.

Your Juneau Whale Watch company sounds like exactly the tour I was trying to cobble together.

Are there reviews of this group regarding tour size? Boat size? I'm on a Harv & Marv following recommendations here on the tour but having the two things I want combined into a tour I don't have to worry about....win! I'd love info on this tour company and group and boat size.

Check out their website as well as their reviews on TripAdvisor - listed as the #1 attraction in Juneau

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I see a lot of helpful comments, so I am going to throw another question out there. We are arriving on Carnival Legend and would like to go on a whale watch boat. My dad and I both use walkers, or electric scooters for distance. Carnival does not really want us to take their whale watch excursion at Juneau, probably because of walking distance of buses and inaccessibility of buses. Can anyone recommend a company that may not have such complicated ways of getting to the boat? I've never been to Alaska, so we don't know what to expect at the port.

I see a lot of helpful comments, so I am going to throw another question out there. We are arriving on Carnival Legend and would like to go on a whale watch boat. My dad and I both use walkers, or electric scooters for distance. Carnival does not really want us to take their whale watch excursion at Juneau, probably because of walking distance of buses and inaccessibility of buses. Can anyone recommend a company that may not have such complicated ways of getting to the boat? I've never been to Alaska, so we don't know what to expect at the port.

Most, if not all, the major lines use Allen Marine in Juneau. If this is the case, they actually note on their website that they can accommodate people with mobility issues. You might contact Allen Marine directly to see if they are the vendor for the Carnival whale watch and discuss with them.

Check out their website as well as their reviews on TripAdvisor - listed as the #1 attraction in Juneau

I saw that, but think the reviews are more the activity than the actual vendor. By having a name exactly like the activity, I can't search references on this board either. I put "Juneau Whale Watch" and still get hits recommending Harv & Marv. I am torn....I love the 2 items ticked off in one trip with me not doing any organization, but don't want to have a bad whale watch trip portion either.

I saw that, but think the reviews are more the activity than the actual vendor. By having a name exactly like the activity, I can't search references on this board either. I put "Juneau Whale Watch" and still get hits recommending Harv & Marv. I am torn....I love the 2 items ticked off in one trip with me not doing any organization, but don't want to have a bad whale watch trip portion either.

It's the actual vendor and not the generic activity

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's a company called Juneau Whale Watch. The web site has info on tours and boats, etc.

http://www.juneauwhalewatch.com/

Yes, they have a perfect combo but has anyone on this board used them? I've seen many suggestions of outfits, but not this one. Anyone have personal info on boat size and tour quality?

Haven't seen much mentioned about them but 1800+ 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor - I trust that as much as the reviews on here

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they have a perfect combo but has anyone on this board used them? I've seen many suggestions of outfits, but not this one. Anyone have personal info on boat size and tour quality?

I see what you mean about the trip advisor reviews. The reviews are listed under the company Juneau Whale Watch but they might be for a different company. Such as the 2nd review which is for 'a whale watch and salmon feast'. Juneau Whale Watch doesn't offer a salmon feast ( or maybe they did last yr ??)

As for their boats ....if you look at the company web site under FAQ's there is detailed info on the boat sizes. Jet boats hold 26 and catamaran holds 49. I guess there's no way of knowing which one you'll end up on, but neither one is huge.

I do my whale watching (orca) on Vancouver Island or Anacortes WA, so I can't offer any help with your vendor choice. I just know that I get seasick easily so a 6-10 pax boat is not an option for me ! And I like to be out as long as possible in case they whales are further away from port. Just keep in mind that the capts and fisherman are all on their radios, so if the whales are out there, they know where to find them.

Will be on the Pearl in August to Alaska. Sent email to marvand Harv and received almost immediate response that 2 pm arrival in Juneau isn't a problem for the 2:30 tour for whale watching.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to be in Juneau with the Emerald Princess on May 17. Last time we did the Harv and Marv tour as party of 8 and it was only us on the boat. Our guide for that tour was Jayleen, the owner's daughter. She now has her own company, Jayleen's Alaska. Her dad sold his part of Harv and Marv. We looked at both tours and decided to book with Jayleen, because she was such an amazing guide. Check her out, I know you won't be disappointed if you book with her.

we are booked on Pearl in May. We have a 2 p.m. arrival in Juneau and will be on the 2:30 p.m. smaller boat whale watch with Harv and Marv's. They will call a cab and arrange for it to meet us at the dock and take us to Mendenhall when we are on our way back from the whale watch to the dock. I will then instruct the cab driver to come back in 2 hours to pick us up at Mendenhall and bring us back to the ship. Marv and Marv's assures me that this schedule will all work! I hope that they are right!