First Night Diamond Status?

If you have 74 cruise points and become diamond on the first night of a 7 night cruise, do you get the benefits or do you have to wait until the next cruise? I know on Carnival, you get the benefits if it happens while on the cruise. This is the first time it has happened this way for us on Royal.

If you have 74 cruise points and become diamond on the first night of a 7 night cruise, do you get the benefits or do you have to wait until the next cruise? I know on Carnival, you get the benefits if it happens while on the cruise. This is the first time it has happened this way for us on Royal.

On Royal, you don't get points until you complete the cruise.

Also, Diamond is 80 points.

I was in a similar situation on a recent cruise.I went to a supervsor on the cruise and was turned down and shown policy that you dont get credit until cruise is completed.Seems somewhat unfair but thats the policy.

I was in a similar situation on a recent cruise.I went to a supervsor on the cruise and was turned down and shown policy that you dont get credit until cruise is completed.Seems somewhat unfair but thats the policy.

It sure does seeing as I was only 1 point away from being Diamond.I went to see the loyalty Ambassador while I was on board Indy and she wouldn't move me up to the next level.I made diamond on day 5 of a 13 night cruise but had to wait till my next cruise to get to the next level.

It sure does seeing as I was only 1 point away from being Diamond.I went to see the loyalty Ambassador while I was on board Indy and she wouldn't move me up to the next level.I made diamond on day 5 of a 13 night cruise but had to wait till my next cruise to get to the next level.

We are 6 points from D+ so i have booked a JS on a 3 night short break on independence in April out of Southampton to get our D+ status.

love sailing with RCCL

It all winds down to two things:

1. Awarding the points after the cruise makes all the rest of the tiers line up with the first one: Gold. It takes a completed cruise to join C&A, and you get the points for that cruise then.
  2. Changing tiers mid-voyage is something of a vague place benefits-wise. Do the coupons reset? Are they pro-rated in any way? If Diamonds get three of a thing and Emeralds only two, does changing early in cruise affect whether two or three are usable? Do they put stickers on the cards to say "This person is now Diamond" instead?

So it's just easier to make it all "Points come after the end of the cruise". Done.

It all winds down to two things:

1. Awarding the points after the cruise makes all the rest of the tiers line up with the first one: Gold. It takes a completed cruise to join C&A, and you get the points for that cruise then.
  2. Changing tiers mid-voyage is something of a vague place benefits-wise. Do the coupons reset? Are they pro-rated in any way? If Diamonds get three of a thing and Emeralds only two, does changing early in cruise affect whether two or three are usable? Do they put stickers on the cards to say "This person is now Diamond" instead?

So it's just easier to make it all "Points come after the end of the cruise". Done.

Points normally added 7 nights after your cruise.

love sailing with RCCL

We are 6 points from D+ so i have booked a JS on a 3 night short break on independence in April out of Southampton to get our D+ status.

love sailing with RCCL

We did the same thing recently, needed 6 points for D+, and booked a 3 night JSCon the Enchantment. Now we're D+ for our upcoming Alaska cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums