I messed up... how much for cab to plantation hotel?

SugarStar00

Yep! I'm here! $45 plus tip for taxi from airport to hotel, $19.50 plus tip for uber from hotel to cruise port. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and info!!

Good to hear. Weird that Uber did not work at the airport. Airports are usually the easiest places to get picked up.

No, they don't know where you're going before the accept the fare. I asked the driver we got the next day and he said there's a lot of problems with uber at the airport and they aren't really welcome there... I don't know

Well, Darlin'...You're welcome in Plantation anytime. Did you get enough to drink on your cruise?

Stop being so hard on yourself. This is a blessing in disguise because you have been brainwashed by Cruise Critic that you need to be on 17th Street. That's just plain, old ignernce!

I live in Plantation just a few blocks from the Hyatt and you will be very happy with it. They just finished a complete remodel. It's close to two nice malls, a Publix Grocery Store, Total Wine and dozens of restaurants.

Make sure you make the car reservation online tonight. Type in FLL in the Location box and then be sure you check the box "Return to a different location" underneath and then type Fort Lauderdale in the return location. A list of locations will come up, look for Hilton Marina click on it and your return box will populate with that. When you pick the car up they will authorize your credit card for $200 for a deposit and $39.45 for the rental. After you return the car the $200 deposit authorization will drop off.

Hi. I am booked into Renaissance Plantation hotel for one Night before the cruise what is the nearest mall and how much would a taxi cost ? I would be grateful for your local knowledge x

Hi. I am booked into Renaissance Plantation hotel for one Night before the cruise what is the nearest mall and how much would a taxi cost ? I would be grateful for your local knowledge x

That depends on what you mean by a mall. You can walk about 1/3 of a mile to a huge strip center that has a Publix Grocery Store, a number of restaurants, shops and even a Country Night Club. About a mile to the east is two nice malls, Total Wine and dozens of restaurants. 7 miles to the northwest is Sawgrass Mills Mall. I think the hotel might even shuttle you to some of them.

That depends on what you mean by a mall. You can walk about 1/3 of a mile to a huge strip center that has a Publix Grocery Store, a number of restaurants, shops and even a Country Night Club. About a mile to the east is two nice malls, Total Wine and dozens of restaurants. 7 miles to the northwest is Sawgrass Mills Mall. I think the hotel might even shuttle you to some of them.

Thank you for your help 😄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Dee Car! How was your stay at Renaissance Plantation? I've been looking at hotels for a while and I've decided on that. I have 6 in my group driving to Fort Lauderdale on a Friday and sailing on Saturday. I really wanted a place where I could leave the cars at no cost, which is there. Plan on taking Uber to the port on Saturday.

Lido Deck, what can you tell me about the Sheraton Suites in Plantation? Are the renovations done? Still construction work going on? Would you recommend this property?