Cabin Advice!

My husband, 17 year old son and I are cruising on Fascination at the end of April. I booked this trip in October and never really gave it another thought until now....30 days out and I'm questioning if I made the right cabin choice. We are booked in U201 which is a balcony room. My son will sleep in the upper pullman. There are a couple of Verandah deck suites available and I'm wondering if I should have gone with one of those. My biggest concerns are: Are the pullman's cumbersome as others in the room needing to get up in the middle of the night? I don't know if the pullman is above the head or the foot of the bed. Is it awkward having a pullman right over your head?? My concerns with the Verandah deck suite would be: Are the balcony's still private? And what is on the floor above? I have googled both and can't seem to find concrete answers. Please give me your thoughts!

If you go to Carnival's website you can look at deck plans. You have cabins both above and below, so it's a good location and should be quiet. I've never been on the fascination but had a similar location on the Magic and found the balcony to be very private. Here is a link to a similar cabin to give you an idea of what the pullmans look like. I'd be happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I cruised in a Junior Suite on the Verandah deck in 2000. It was my first balcony and suite so I thought it was wonderful. I've cruised a lot since then and stayed in regular balcony rooms since then. Those balconies are larger than the junior suites. The junior suites are no bigger than a regular room. The decor is nicer, but that doesn't justify spending the extra money. There is a deck below you where people are walking and can look up, so it is really not that private. I would not book a junior suite on a Fantasy Class ship anymore. It is not worth the money. You may be happier staying in the cabin you originally booked.

My husband, 17 year old son and I are cruising on Fascination at the end of April. I booked this trip in October and never really gave it another thought until now....30 days out and I'm questioning if I made the right cabin choice. We are booked in U201 which is a balcony room. My son will sleep in the upper pullman. There are a couple of Verandah deck suites available and I'm wondering if I should have gone with one of those. My biggest concerns are: Are the pullman's cumbersome as others in the room needing to get up in the middle of the night? I don't know if the pullman is above the head or the foot of the bed. Is it awkward having a pullman right over your head?? My concerns with the Verandah deck suite would be: Are the balcony's still private? And what is on the floor above? I have googled both and can't seem to find concrete answers. Please give me your thoughts!

This is your cabin. Not sure if you can turn your beds into a king and still access the balcony:

P1000015_zps5he68o0s.jpg

P1000016_zpsjty1o2an.jpg

P1000017_zpsvh3l8fq0.jpg

Taken aboard Fascination March 2016

This is an inside quad with one bunk down, so if your son sleeps in the bunk over the beds, you could still squeeze by to the balcony. Remember, U201 was an OV cabin until they tacked on the balcony.

P1000129_zpsncvgrn8j.jpg

Edited by Essiesmom

Hmm...this is NOT at all what I was expecting the setup of the room to be. The two twins not converting doesn't really matter all that much since our son will be in the room with us :D but it looks like there will be little head room for whoever gets stuck with the pullman above them. Thank you for posting these pics!

You can find some great information on cruisedeckplans dot com. It has a tool to show you what is above and below your cabin and tons of photos and information on staterooms and deck plans. I always check it out when trying to decide on which stateroom would be best. It even has tips on areas that could be noisier than others and why. You do not have to sign up or register with the site to use it.

Have fun on your cruise!