Flight Time after Oasis Cruise

I am helping my sister with her flights after her cruise on Oasis in December. They are sailing out of Port Canaveral, if she does the walk off service, is a 10:40 am flight out of Orlando ok or is it pushing it? Thank you in advance.

We are in the same situation. We booked at 10:30am flight and have arranged private transportation for 8am. What time should we plan to leave our cabin to begin the debarkation process? We'll take our own luggage off of course but have been trying to figure out when we should start heading down.

We did self assist yesterday got in line at 630AM and there were about 200 people ahead of us. They said 1000 people were doing self assist. It took an hour to navigate to the curb. We got an 8AM shuttle to airport via Cortrans. The high way was closed at one point and had to detour. So hour and 10 minutes to airport. When we got there the line for Southwest was long but it moved (outside check in) and we were thru check in and security by about 9:45 with TSA pre check.

Biggest thing with Orlando Airport (MCO) is the security lines. Although the Airlines themselves are split up into terminals A and B, Security screening is done by gate number. There are 2 different secure zones of the airport, and you have to go through the correct one, as there's no secure way to go between the 2. Gates 1-59 normally have much longer lines for some reason than gates 60-129. So be sure to check your gate assignment to plan a bit of extra security time if you are in the lower 59 gates.

2 weeks ago we were out of our cabin and in line by 6 and there were at least 75-100 people in front of us. Line didn't start to move until 6:45ish when we were cleared to start unloading. Walked off fairly quickly after that but there were only 2 lines open through customs. I could see it taking much longer.

We made a 10:40 with much time to spare last Sunday. We were at airport by 8:30 (despite detour) and at gate by 9:00 (TSA pre-check.)

I've done this flight 3 years in a row and never had a problem.

I think it was 7:30 but they assign you a time based on flight. Self debarkation started at 6:30. Maybe someone else in the party could handle her luggage? A sherpa husband?

Earliest tag said 8:30 in the flyer distributed to the rooms. We did self assist, in line at 6:45 in the opening to Silk. Didn't move for 10 mins or so, line quickly wrapped around to the running track. When the line started moving it didn't stop and we were in the shuttle bus at 7:45. On the same bus as quiltsNH above, through security for AA at 9:45.

Just got off Oasis two days ago. We had a 12:20pm flight booked and got in the self-disembark line around 7:10am. We were out and in our transportation headed to the airport by 8am. When we got downstairs, the disembarkation line was wrapped around the Promenade but it moved pretty consistently.

The problem this past Sunday was that between road closures due to the Orlando brush fires, as well as two accidents on the main highway, traffic was backed up. Our driver was aware of this and took an alternate route through Titusville but it took us about 90 minutes to get to the airport. He had other colleagues driving people trying to make a 10:30am flight, and they were calling it very close. We got to the airport and were through security by 10:30am and I saw a few people running.

At the airport, Southwest had a pretty long check-in and bag-drop line. Security wasn't bad.

Traffic should be fine on a weekend morning that early and can be done in less than an hour if needed.

That depends on the time of year, 528 have been closed the last 4 mornings because of wild fires.

Oasis 9-16 April was our first cruise, so we don't have much experience to compare with, but I was VERY glad to be Sky (suite) class. We were whisked past all the lines and through Customs in under 15 minutes total.

It didn't look like other passengers were having a good experience though. The lines we saw were very long and some people looked stressed and were fretting about their flights. RC staff announced that Customs was delayed and when we got there we saw why - they only had three agents to process the entire boat. (Really, Port Canaveral?)

Apparently the brushfires in Orlando area were also causing transport backups to the airport, with road closures of the 528 expressway.

Being a native of the area, I would suggest to take it leisurely and schedule a late afternoon flight. If you breeze through debarkation and have hours to kill, have a plan to go and see the Kennedy Spaceport - it's close and well worth a visit.