Servers & Bev Package

After trying to search for the answer on the forum (the iPad app isn't quite up to par with that function) - how do the servers make their money now that most people buy the beverage package? When they swipe your card does it go into some from of tally and they get paid at the end?

In the past, we brought A LOT of ones to encourage consistent service at the pool when competing with those paying by the drink (worked like a charm) and honestly I felt bad because they weren't getting the automatic gratuity from me. But now that RC is "forcing" me to buy the deluxe pkg when I previously only bought the beer and wine one - I feel a little stingy about throwing around more money for my drinks - but I guess maybe I'll just have to figure out if I'm willing to give up the quick service.

Not to say it will make or break my cruise - We leave on the Jewel tomorrow - and will have a great time no matter what. Just curious is all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There's a tip factor in the package.

Never pre-tipped, never tip as I go, never had any issues getting service.

Always polite to the staff, might tip towards the end of the cruise.

You are charged 18% over what the package costs, to cover tips to the bartenders. No worries, those who serve you ARE getting their tips!

We seldom tip additionally with each drink...if we are sitting at a bar for a long time, when we leave, we may sign for an additional tip, depending on what we ordered. I think 18% is ample for opening a beer, or pouring an easy drink!

I always tip $1 per round, even with the package.

This usually insures I get my drink faster than most.

Last cruise I brought $125 in singles and used them all.

Yes, I know it is not necessary but I am a former industry man.....

We also bring at least 75 in singles and 50 in fives for tipping, also good to have small bills in Caribbean and Mexico when buying things. we normally tip when getting drink anywhere including diamond/concierge or suite lounge