Msc mervigrila speciality restaurants

Hi I am sailing on 8th September from barcelona. I have so far pre booked the. Circ du solei meal and show package. Has anyone found out how you actually let them know which date and what time.

Yes you do in once you are on board. presumably via guest services. I'll be on her on 24 Sept and I've booked the meal and show as well

This is a cut and paste of the info on the UK web site. i\'ve highlighted the relevant wording

Our exclusive table d'hôtel menu offering eclectic selection of creative dishes that will be served pre-show, before the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil spectacle drifts you to wonderland.

The package includes food only. A three courses menu will be in offer with a choice of main course only (meat or fish or veggy); the starter and the dessert will be a fix choice.

Day booking to be confirmed on board.

Pete

Hi I am sailing on 8th September from barcelona. I have so far pre booked the. Circ du solei meal and show package. Has anyone found out how you actually let them know which date and what time.

Booked the same package - I can let you know in 11 weeks time 'cos I'll be onboard then, all going according to plan. :p

From what I'm reading about this is that pre paying for a Circ du solei dinner or drinks package, you still have to book (& pay?) for your actual show tickets then choose a time and day to see the show when you board? Is that what I'm reading?

Another quick question. Since the Cirque show take place in the Carousel Lounge from the layout it looks like the drink only guests would be seated near the stage, with dining tables further out?

From what I'm reading about this is that pre paying for a Circ du solei dinner or drinks package, you still have to book (& pay?) for your actual show tickets then choose a time and day to see the show when you board? Is that what I'm reading?

If you're correct about the Cirque du Soleil show whereby you have to buy show tickets once on board I for one will be well pi55ed off.

I read it as you only get the meal (with the show), and no drinks .

I bet anybody who pays £12 for a drink would feel the same as me if they have to buy a show ticket as well

Pete

When we booked both the option and the confirmation say

Cirque de Soliel Dinner at sea with Spectacle

What would the spectacle be if not the show itself?? I agree with Pete, I will be upset if it doesn't include the show. Only a few more weeks to wait until we hear first hand I suppose

I just get nervous when it says "food only" and "drink only". I totally agree with you guys, but this is why I didn't book it. I can eat in YC and then go to the show at the designated time.

I'm hoping someone like NorwegianCruiser, who's on the inaugural, will post here early on in the sailing with a definitive answer from the outset as I'll cancel my pre-booked "DINNER WITH SPECTACLE" if the show entrance fee is not included. The (limited) meal offering isn't worth the €35 they're charging. I'm with yogoshady on this one: what would the "spectacle" be if not to include the price of the show itself??"

One of the advantages of being in the YC is having the concierge to deal with it if I don't get time to cancel the pre-booking and discover, when onboard, that the show isn't included in the price.

Well, in my booking it saids "Cirque du Soleil at see, show + cocktail"

In my TA booking saids "... The exclusive signature cocktail "Mediterranean Dream", which you can choose with or without alcohol, and you can taste while enjoying the amazing spectacle of Cirque du Soleil.

The Spanish website of MSC, only states " food only" (I understand without drinks) in dinner option. Nothing in cocktail option.

IMO, it doesn't make sense that we also must to pay for the show

I agree it doesn't make sense, but I wish they would clarify this simply by stating that it includes the show entrance. the website in Australia says drink only for the drink/cocktail package and food only for the food and dining package, just makes me wonder.

We are not sailing until October so will wait and see what happens with some of you wonderful people that have booked before us. I can't wait to hear about some first hand experiences on this new ship.

Bea and I will be boarding in June so you will have a complete review and pics at least by us [emoji4]. I'm sure most CC members will comeback with tips and what to expect for months to come.

I'm hoping someone like NorwegianCruiser, who's on the inaugural, will post here early on in the sailing with a definitive answer from the outset as I'll cancel my pre-booked "DINNER WITH SPECTACLE" if the show entrance fee is not included. The (limited) meal offering isn't worth the €35 they're charging. I'm with yogoshady on this one: what would the "spectacle" be if not to include the price of the show itself??"

One of the advantages of being in the YC is having the concierge to deal with it if I don't get time to cancel the pre-booking and discover, when onboard, that the show isn't included in the price.

Your correct in 35 euro being a bit steep considering the limited menu and it doesn't include the show ticket!

I have checked with MSC and was told 15 euros per person to watch the show which is on top of any package.

I highly doubt that - would not be the first time, MSC gave someone the wrong information.

My invoice says:

cocktail WITH SHOW.

Of course that could mean, they serve the cocktail during the show but that would be very misleading wording!

I will wait and see.

So Beamafar please report back so I can cancel my booking (of the cocktail) if it is JUST the drink.

Yes you do in once you are on board. presumably via guest services. I'll be on her on 24 Sept and I've booked the meal and show as well

This is a cut and paste of the info on the UK web site. i\'ve highlighted the relevant wording

Our exclusive table d'hôtel menu offering eclectic selection of creative dishes that will be served pre-show, before the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil spectacle drifts you to wonderland.

The package includes food only. A three courses menu will be in offer with a choice of main course only (meat or fish or veggy); the starter and the dessert will be a fix choice.

Day booking to be confirmed on board.

Pete

1ae60304e9f310b68ee31565daac6d76.jpg

As per the Australian web site.

As per the Australian web site.

The titles state "Dinner with spectacle" and "Signature cocktail with spectacle". My experience so far is that MSC's strong suit is not English translations. I fully expect it covers both. If they were separate do you think if you buy only the dinner are they going to wait for you to finish and leave before starting the show? I think what they mean is the dinner only includes food - no drinks, and vice versa for the drink - no food.

This is a reply I got to an enquiry as to what was included in the pre-paid Cirque du Soleil with meal ticket

My reading of it is you have a meal pre show then watch the show all included in the price.

What is not included is any drink. but I've got that covered as I will be in the YC

REDEEM:- exchange! not purchase

SO NO EXTRA ENTRANCE FEE

Dear Peter

Thank you for your email enquiry

The Cirque du Soleil Show with Dinner Spectactle does include the following:

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL AT SEA - DINNER WITH SPECTACLE Our exclusive table d'hôte menu offering eclectic selection of creative dishes that will be served pre-show, before the breathtaking Cirque du Soleil spectacle drifts you to wonderland.

The package includes food only. A three courses menu will be in offer with a choice of main course only (meat or fish or veggy) the starter and the dessert will be a fix choice. Day booking to be confirmed on board.

You will be able to redeem for your chosen date with Guest services onboard.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance

Kind regards

Stuart Chalmers

Direct Sales Executive

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Very confusing- if the £12 only covers a cocktail I will certainly be cancelling it! I also read it that it includes the show. Though it does raise the question are you required to purchase either the dinner or cocktail to see the show?

Hope to have this cleared up soon by those on her first few voyages!

Though it does raise the question are you required to purchase either the dinner or cocktail to see the show?

Hope to have this cleared up soon by those on her first few voyages!

I think so. They tell us, hey, you must pay for this special show... but look, I give you a drink! Or even a dinner!

And this has to be a shortened show, given that their regular shows are rather expensive, and they will make 2 performances a day...

I'm on board in July so hopefully will be all clear by then! I've booked the dinner with Show option so I do hope that means you have dinner & the show otherwise it is quite a pricy dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums