Freedom of the Seas 9706 or 9406

Does anyone have picture or video of the balcony on this stateroom? I've found video of Liberty 9706, but they've had different things done at drydocks and I don't know if it's changed anything off the back. I would think not, but I don't want a nasty surprise when we board. I've never done an aft room and am a little nervous about flying blind here. [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had this same dilemma yesterday. We just booked 9706 for the 5/19/2018 sailing. We initially booked 9704 and ended up switching shortly after to 9706. The balcony seems to be a bit bigger and less awkward than 9704. A couple of posts here confirmed that. I'm not an authority on this as this is the first time I've booked an aft balcony as well. Here's a thread with some shots of 9406, which is the same basic room/balcony, just on the starboard side of the ship: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17441921&postcount=2

I had this same dilemma yesterday. We just booked 9706 for the 5/19/2018 sailing. We initially booked 9704 and ended up switching shortly after to 9706. The balcony seems to be a bit bigger and less awkward than 9704. A couple of posts here confirmed that. I'm not an authority on this as this is the first time I've booked an aft balcony as well. Here's a thread with some shots of 9406, which is the same basic room/balcony, just on the starboard side of the ship: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17441921&postcount=2

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked 9404, I hope we aren't disappointed. I've heard good things about the corner aft but then again, I've heard just what you said about the 9406 or 9706 being a little better because the balcony isn't an awkward shape. We've never done a corner aft so I was kind of booking blind. But the agent said it was a good cabin....I guess we'll see! We aren't too picky so it should be fine :D I mean, we ARE on a cruise!

We have 9704 for a B2B. We were VERY early in booking when the itineraries were released last week, and were hoping for 1400 or 1700. They were available, but only for 3 or more people, as were the other big corners on deck 7. Royal seems to be enforcing the 3+ rule with the rollout of their new cabin categories, at least early on. Anyway, we had a choice, so I took what I thought was the next best, a corner on deck 9, 9704. I did not know that this cabin only had a regular door and a big port hole window until I looked up 9704 right after booking. I almost called back to change to 9706, but was a little leery of being next to a family suite with a connecting door ( the booking rep let me know about this).

I hope I made the right decision keeping 9704. For an aft it gets mixed reviews. I do like having a corner with neighbors on just one side, and the pictures look like the balcony provides a pretty panoramic view. Plus it is a very port intensive B2B. That said, I guess I still need reassurance that this is a good cabin. Can anyone ease my cognitive dissonance:) ? Either way, the price was great!!

Thanks

Chris

Hope this helps some of you....We've had #9708 a few times on both Indy &Liberty...I would suggest you book #9704 no connecting door and if it's a concern the wall #9708 and #9706 share is where the TV is with the Bose sound system in #9708 (we're always aware of sharing that wall with other's but some might not be ;)

In regards to people looking down on you from deck #10 don't be too concerned as you would have to be against the railing for those above you to see you and we've found other's seem to avoid looking and are more concerned about looking out at the amazing wake views. :cool:

Hope this helps some of you....We've had #9708 a few times on both Indy &Liberty...I would suggest you book #9704 no connecting door and if it's a concern the wall #9708 and #9706 share is where the TV is with the Bose sound system in #9708 (we're always aware of sharing that wall with other's but some might not be ;)

In regards to people looking down on you from deck #10 don't be too concerned as you would have to be against the railing for those above you to see you and we've found other's seem to avoid looking and are more concerned about looking out at the amazing wake views. :cool:

Thanks Ashland!! This makes me feel a little better about booking 9404!!

• 1 month later...

That video (great video) was from 2014 - don't know if that was before or after dry dock. We have 9406, leaving Sunday June 4. Will post pictures when we get there. Getting excited!!

Edited by travelin_nat

• 10 months later...