Rhapsody of the Seas for sale?

While that timing may be true, you will likely get more warning than that from RCI - we got about one year warning for Legend. Granted, there will likely to be a gap between when you find out about it on CC and "official" announcement from RCI, but you should get more than 8 months warning.
Agreed Biker. Also the challenge being that it could be six months or three years before a ship is sold, we just don't know.....K.O.:(

Agreed Biker. Also the challenge being that it could be six months or three years before a ship is sold, we just don't know.....K.O.:(

Unlikely to be 3 years as by 2020 RCI has to make room for Symphony, Pulse/Passion - so Vision class ships have to go.

Biker, who thinks two Vision class ships will be gone before the end of 2019.

They already have Brilliance doing 4/5 day cruises from Tampa. I suppose they could change her itineraries if they thought 7 day cruises would be more popular.

Bob, the DH and I are on the one and only Brilliance 7 night for this December. Was thrilled

to be able to do that one, and got a good price also. ;)

Though we return to Tampa to (maybe?) board the Rhapsody 7 night 2/11/18. Will wait and see if that one actually happens....sale or not. Good thing it is a "drive to" port for us.

Unlikely to be 3 years as by 2020 RCI has to make room for Symphony, Pulse/Passion - so Vision class ships have to go.

Biker, who thinks two Vision class ships will be gone before the end of 2019.

And still keeping MJ and Empress. Go figure. :rolleyes: Hopefully RCI has plans to put them both on the Cuba/Miami express and give us a newer ship in PC.

And still keeping MJ and Empress.

Empress, yes, not so sure about Majesty. If the volume can be supported, a larger ship may take over the Cuba runs, but that is a risky move - those itineraries can be pulled at any time by the Cubans.

Empress, yes, not so sure about Majesty. If the volume can be supported, a larger ship may take over the Cuba runs, but that is a risky move - those itineraries can be pulled at any time by the Cubans.

From what I understand, the Cuban ports are not set up at all for larger ships.

From what I understand, the Cuban ports are not set up at all for larger ships.

MSC Opera, about Vision class size, sails to Havana. Radiance class and above might be too big for the port but a Vision class ship would probably work.

And still keeping MJ and Empress. Go figure. :rolleyes: Hopefully RCI has plans to put them both on the Cuba/Miami express and give us a newer ship in PC.

We prefer to sail out of PC and went on Mariner 6 times while she was there. Loved Captain Johnny and crew. We have been on Enchantment out of PC and also been many times on Majesty but only once since she came to PC. We actually prefer Majesty to Enchantment but we did enjoy the EOS. We would hate to see all of the smaller ships go away. We like the feel of those ships and do not need all the new gizmos to have a good time. As long as the smaller ships are around we will cruise on them. In current fleet terms I suppose Majesty is "old" but back in the day many cruise ships did not even become cruise ships until they had many years on them. For example, the original Carnival ships, the Big Red Boat, and the Norway to name a few. Majesty has been well cared for and is still a great ship. Hopefully PC can get a newer ship and still keep Majesty whatever the destination.

We prefer to sail out of PC and went on Mariner 6 times while she was there. Loved Captain Johnny and crew. We have been on Enchantment out of PC and also been many times on Majesty but only once since she came to PC. We actually prefer Majesty to Enchantment but we did enjoy the EOS. We would hate to see all of the smaller ships go away. We like the feel of those ships and do not need all the new gizmos to have a good time. As long as the smaller ships are around we will cruise on them. In current fleet terms I suppose Majesty is "old" but back in the day many cruise ships did not even become cruise ships until they had many years on them. For example, the original Carnival ships, the Big Red Boat, and the Norway to name a few. Majesty has been well cared for and is still a great ship. Hopefully PC can get a newer ship and still keep Majesty whatever the destination.

We love the small ships also, but will miss not having some of the perks we enjoy on Enchantment and larger. Most pointedly...MJ has no Diamond Lounge, not even a Concierge Lounge. MJ also lacks Chops, or Giovannis, or Izumi...which we love to frequent. To reserve a balcony at all, you have to book a JS as a minimum to get one. Now...if MJ were updated (as previously promised by RCI :rolleyes:) maybe it would bring the older ship up to date a bit. That being said, yes...we are booked on MJ for our anniversary next month, but still would have preferred Enchantment...as a matter of personal taste.

And yes, we have been on the Big Red Boat (loved it at the time), and sailed many times on sister ship of the past...Monarch (loved the crew...but not so much the ship).

I agree...I have no problem with MJ remaining in PC to serve the short cruise itinerary crowd, but still would love to see a third ship (mid sized ship) home ported here as an alternative to only the current choice in PC as the smallest ship or the largest ship.

The Rhapsody is one of the few RC ships we have not been on so hopefully we might before it is sold.

43 cruises and counting.

Still hoping to be able to keep our 2/11/18 reservation on board. We were finally on Rhapsody for the first time last year and loved it. :)

Just noticed this thread. We are booked on Rhapsody next February. I wonder if they will keep the same route and just move another ship in it's place if it sells. Really was looking forward to getting back to Belize and Roatan.

We booked her for April 1, 2018, and Roatan has been replaced with the Cayman Islands, just as an FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

~ Morning ~ We sailed on the Rhapsody of the Seas the other week out of Tampa, And Dan the cruise director announced on his morning show that for 300 Million and change the Rhapsody of the Seas could be yours ~ lol ~ As she is unloading this morning , before heading across the Atlantic to a new home port . We enjoyed our cruise for the most part . Yet we could sense among the crew as well as the passengers ! The ship needs a Revitalization make over.

We enjoy the smaller class ships. So I hope RCCL doesn't do away with the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. As well as we hope the food quality and service get a upgrade as do the ships . Being charged for room service on this last cruise wasn't a welcomed expense from RCCL

So we are staying hopeful things may get back to why we are Loyal to Royal ,

Have a nice day

J..L.

We sailed on the Rhapsody of the Seas the other week out of Tampa, And Dan the cruise director announced on his morning show that for 300 Million and change the Rhapsody of the Seas could be yours ~.

He got his numbers backwards - it is Grandeur's asking price of $300M, Rhapsody is only listed at $200M.;p

Biker, who is surprised how many times staff, including the captain, put out info wrong (which easily verifiable).

He got his numbers backwards - it is Grandeur's asking price of $300M, Rhapsody is only listed at $200M.;p

Biker, who is surprised how many times staff, including the captain, put out info wrong (which easily verifiable).

You still believe this internet ads are real offers initiated by Royal like selling a used car? This is all fake posted by some ship brokers who try to initiate a deal without any prior mandate. They use sample pictures and data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You still believe this internet ads are real offers initiated by Royal like selling a used car? This is all fake posted by some ship brokers who try to initiate a deal without any prior mandate. They use sample pictures and data.

So are you saying Rhapsody is really for sale for $300M? Given recent prior history, none of them are really "sold" but simply shuffled around between the various RCCL brands.

We love the small ships also, but will miss not having some of the perks we enjoy on Enchantment and larger. Most pointedly...MJ has no Diamond Lounge, not even a Concierge Lounge. MJ also lacks Chops, or Giovannis, or Izumi...which we love to frequent. To reserve a balcony at all, you have to book a JS as a minimum to get one. Now...if MJ were updated (as previously promised by RCI :rolleyes:) maybe it would bring the older ship up to date a bit. That being said, yes...we are booked on MJ for our anniversary next month, but still would have preferred Enchantment...as a matter of personal taste.

And yes, we have been on the Big Red Boat (loved it at the time), and sailed many times on sister ship of the past...Monarch (loved the crew...but not so much the ship).

I agree...I have no problem with MJ remaining in PC to serve the short cruise itinerary crowd, but still would love to see a third ship (mid sized ship) home ported here as an alternative to only the current choice in PC as the smallest ship or the largest ship.

I see your points for sure. We have a bond with the MJ so we overlook a lot of it. the D lounge is a nice feature for sure but we are fine with the 3 vouchers and the Viking Crown event on the shorter cruises. We also have to forego a balcony but, again, it is a short cruise and we make do with the public areas and love to sit out on deck 7 in the evenings. We have only been on Enchantment once and liked it a lot but since we are attached to MJ we probably do not see the differences that you do. There would be nothing better than having three (or four) ships based in PC. It is our favorite home port by far. We love the area and it is driveable for us which we like (No Airports!!). Our next venture is the Liberty and we are already regretting not going with Oasis a little. Not so much for the ship, but for the home port. I am sure it will be great but we are finding the Galveston logistics to be a bit of a hassle. Bottom line, we are with you 100% on getting more ships into PC.

• 1 month later...
Usually dispersed throughout the fleet.

I thought about that earlier. With all of these mega ships coming out, and only the small ships being sold off,

do you think there is major competition for snaring the experienced crew members from the smaller ships to

help fill the big ones?

I already noticed the more popular DL/CL concierges...the captains..CD's, HD's etc. going over to the floating

cities.

I thought about that earlier. With all of these mega ships coming out, and only the small ships being sold off,

do you think there is major competition for snaring the experienced crew members from the smaller ships to

help fill the big ones? ...

No idea if there is competition for crew members. Maybe the Chief can weigh in on that.

I do know that they seem to take the best crew members for the new ships, which is great for the new ship, but not always good for the remaining ships.

No idea if there is competition for crew members. Maybe the Chief can weigh in on that.

I do know that they seem to take the best crew members for the new ships, which is great for the new ship, but not always good for the remaining ships.

Yeah, we immediately missed Captain Johnny when he left Freedom. :o

Took Reyno, one of our favorite CL concierges on Enchantment also.