encore room service

rln44

We are currently onboard Encore for 35 days between Singapore and Athens. This is our first cruise on Seabourn and probably our last. We have been cruising for 35 years and can recall when the ship's comedian joked that he checked under his bed for his steward because even after leaving for few minutes i t appeared that his room had been cleaned. Not a problem on the Encore. Once a day now seems to be the rule. We have left the "service please" notice on our door only to return 6-8 hours later with the room still untouched.

Definitely not the norm, although I do recall another poster having a similar issue a couple of months ago. I think that was also on Encore. Surely not the same suite attendant?

Agree with Wripro and Host Dan, address this at a higher level and I feel sure it will be corrected.

On the Sydney-Singapore leg our suite "missed" its evening turndown service twice - once because we inadvertently left the "Privacy Please" sign on the door, and the other time, well it just happened. A very minor inconvenience at worst and certainly not enough to never sail with Seabourn again.

A bigger gripe for us was the lack of daily fresh fruit in the suite unless we specifically asked for it but again it wasn't a deal breaker.

I understand the frustration of the OP but may I suggest that before escalating an issue of this nature to the head housekeeper the OP might want to simply speak with their housekeeper and find out if there was a problem. Simply telling her something like, "we are usually out of our suite by 8. what would be a reasonable time to expect our suite to be completed by?" Then if there had been a specific issue it could be cleared up. If that does not get results then yes, do contact the head of housekeeping. And I am not sure what the OP meant by "once a day now seems to be the rule." Are they specifically saying that when they returned from dinner/shows that the bed had not been turned down, towels changed and curtains closed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also aboard the Encore. This our 18th cruise on Seabourn and we have three more booked. I can't recall ever having had a problem with housekeeping. I agree with Chairsin that you should ask your housekeeper before going over her head. Seabourn takes their service very seriously

Sent from my iPhone using Forums