Can you feel the ship sway from deck 7 midship?

shopreh

We just returned from the Valor and stayed on deck 7. We felt very little motion anywhere on the ship, other than the night where it was extremely windy. Even then, the motion wasn't bad. I am very prone to motion sickness. I take Meclizine (Bonine or any brand), rather than Dramamine. I start taking it the night before the cruise. It is a 24-hr pill so you only need to take it once. It will make me drowsy if I take it during the day, but if I take it at bedtime the drowsy effects are gone by the time I wake up. Take it every night and the night after you get back. I get really motion sick, but have never had a problem taking Meclizene (non-drowsy).

I always choose deck 7 on Carnival because, on most of their ships, there are only cabins above and below you. I do tend to get motion sick myself, and have tried all the remedies. I like an inside cabin because looking out at the waves bothers me sometimes. Stay as mid-ship as possible. We were upgraded to suites on our first cruise (on a cruise line that does not exist anymore), and were at the top fore of the ship. It was awful; just like a pendulum! Yes, you will feel the ship move more in the dining room and in the showroom; wear your sea-bands and take your meclizine. You might consider an anti-seasickness patch as well, just to be sure. But you will have fun, no matter what!

• 1 month later...

We sailed the valor back in '08 and had a midship balcony on 7th floor. Majority of the time we had no clue it was moving. One night we did hit some rough seas (you could see the speakers in the theater swaying) but barely felt it in our cabin

While there probably is a slight difference in the amount of perceived motion depending on the location on the ship, if the ship is moving you will feel it no matter where you are.

I have been on plenty of cruises in rough seas and my wife is pretty sensitive to sea sickness, going to the center of the ship even on the lower decks has never did anything to help or minimize her symptoms. It is not like when you are getting rocked on deck 8 FWD you can go to deck 4 MID and be like "ahh that is much better". You won't be able to tell the difference.