How would this work? A first time cruiser on a b2b?

I am sailing with a friend this summer on 2 b2b 7 day cruises. She has never cruised with RCI before, and after the first cruise, will be Gold. What is your experience with this? Can she 'sign up' on the first sailing to get the Gold for the second?

I am sailing with a friend this summer on 2 b2b 7 day cruises. She has never cruised with RCI before, and after the first cruise, will be Gold. What is your experience with this? Can she 'sign up' on the first sailing to get the Gold for the second?

I did a B2B transitioning from platinum to emerald and it does not automatically credit the account for the cruise that quickly. There really is almost no benefit to gold. You can always speak to the loyalty ambassador onboard if it's an issue.

She will have to speak to the Loyalty Ambassador on the second cruise in order to get her level changed.

She will have to speak to the Loyalty Ambassador on the second cruise in order to get her level changed.

I wonder if the LA is swift enough and system allows it to have the new Seapass card on turnaround day already reflect the new level (instead of fixing it after the fact).

I wonder if the LA is swift enough and system allows it to have the new Seapass card on turnaround day already reflect the new level (instead of fixing it after the fact).

I doubt it. I know folks who became Pinnacle and while they were given a gold colored card, it still said Diamond Plus.