Just off the Breeze today. Any questions?

Carleeb12

I'll be on the Breeze in 89 days with my 2 daughters. How was it? Crowded? Sushi good? What did you do in Cozumel? What kind of room did you have? We are in 2366. Just out from under galley. Wonder if I should ask to move forward a bit.

Okay, there is a few questions.lol

I'll be on the Breeze in 89 days with my 2 daughters. How was it? Crowded? Sushi good? What did you do in Cozumel? What kind of room did you have? We are in 2366. Just out from under galley. Wonder if I should ask to move forward a bit.

Okay, there is a few questions.lol

You will love it, especially since it will have gone through dry dock. It was still in good condition, but the carpets were in need of replacement. I'd be interested to hear your review when you come back to see if they replaced all the carpets (even in the rooms), repainted the decks and sports court areas, etc. We were there during spring break and I didn't find it any more crowded than any of our past cruises. The thing is, there are crowded times in certain areas, but we just avoid them during those times. The Lido by the beach pool is super loud and crowded during lunch time on sea days so we did our best to avoid going there during those times, and we enjoyed the pools and waterworks on port days when everyone was off the boat (we didn't get off the boat in Belize and came back early in Cozumel to swim and play - my kids are 9, 6, and 2). The Lido is also super empty at night by the buffets. We always went up and played cards and I love the vibe up there at night. We had a great time and love that ship. Deck 5 is still my favorite due to the fact that it is quiet and perfect for a pleasant stroll and less crowded hot tubs.

In Cozumel we shopped at the shops by the boat and then caught a taxi to paradise beach. This was not the plan. Our plan was to go to playa azul, but the taxi service was clearly getting paid off by different beach clubs to promote them (we realized this after the fact) and he talked us out of playa azul. I think it would have been fine. He kept saying we needed to go to ocean club, but when we showed up it was awful, so we told the taxi driver to take us to paradise beach, which was right next door. We didn't use any of the amenities, so we didn't pay for anything other than the taxi. The beach was ok. It was crowded, but when we walked down the shore away from the beach chairs, we found some quiet space, played for an hour or so and then went back. Taxi cost us $15 each way. Beaches there aren't super nice unless you go to the east side, but then you pay a lot more to get there, so you could either skip the beach altogether and be fine, or just pay for the taxi to get to paradise and skip paying for the amenities, walk down the shore to find a quieter area, and it can be done for a reasonable price.

We stayed in 8367. Great location. Not sure about deck 2.

Thanks Carleeb! I will post a review for sure when we get back. We are doing Jamaica , Cozumel, Grand Caymen. I've been to them all but my kids havent. Might do the dolphin swim there. Glad you enjoyed the ship. Was there a certain restaurant that stood out? Fast food or fancy wise? I'm sure the kids are just gonna want the buffet 24 7. Did you try the sushi? Can't wait to go! Thanks again for your input

We are booked on the same cruise in June. Thanks for agreeing to answer questions. What did you do in each port? How was the temp in your cabin? We are booked for the steakhouse the first night onboard at 6pm, will this time interfere with sail away party or other activities?

In mahogany bay we went to Mayan Eden to see the monkeys and butterflies and loved it. We then went back on the ship to eat lunch and to change into our swimsuits and then went to the beach by the boat. This was definitely our favorite port. We didn't get off the boat in Belize and didn't regret it. There were a bunch of issues with the tender boats that day and most excursions didn't get back until after we were supposed to set sail. In Cozumel we went to the shops in the port and then went to paradise beach (we only paid for the taxi to get there. The beach was adequate, not nothing amazing.)

We are in the dining room at 6 pm the first night and it was just fine. Didn't interfere with anything. We just didn't have our luggage yet!

Temp in the cabin was great. You can control it yourself. We were in 8367.

Did your kids enjoy the kids club?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think they would have, but it was really crowded since it was spring break and so that was a bit challenging for them, and we had a bunch of cousins on board with us, so they wanted to hang out with them most of the time. The camp workers do a great job.

Have they fixed any of the non-operational items in the Waterworks area? We were on the Breeze in February and was disappointed in how few of the water features (tipping bucket, water jets, etc) were actually working. I was wondering if they were waiting until drydock to make the repairs.

Have they fixed any of the non-operational items in the Waterworks area? We were on the Breeze in February and was disappointed in how few of the water features (tipping bucket, water jets, etc) were actually working. I was wondering if they were waiting until drydock to make the repairs.

I just read a review somewhere that it was all fixed

Visited mahogany bay, Belize, and Cozumel. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

So all those concerns you posted previously didn't materialize.

Did the 39 others whose travel you arranged enjoy their cruise also?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of them must have been fixed because they all worked just fine!

So all those concerns you posted previously didn't materialize.

Did the 39 others whose travel you arranged enjoy their cruise also?

Yep. All was well. :) now I can help ease the concerns of others. Haha. I think all but 2 really enjoyed it. The 2 that didn't concluded that they are just beach people, not boat people.

My favorite Carnival ship to date. How do you compare it to other ships? Would you rank it high, low, or in the middle?

My favorite one as well. Mostly because of Deck 5. I love that deck and how peaceful it is, as well as the hot tubs on that level.

We sail on the first cruise after the dry dock and will check it out for updated items. Super excited to try the Pig & Anchor and give the Alchemy Bar a good run as they were on my wish list. We can only compare it to Liberty of the Seas from last year same time on the Progreso/Cozumel run. Add in the Red Frog Pub and this is going to be a step up I think.

We sail on her in July with this same itinerary. Curious about the Belize tender issues--I'm trying to decide which excursion to book here, but definitely don't want to do something that will be stressful to get to! There are 12 of us in our party (14 total, but my grandparents don't get off the ship), including 6 kids.

How were the shows?

My family also got off the breeze on Apr 9. I agree that it appeared everything was working in Waterworks. Carnival did not tell us what the tender issue was but we are pretty certain we saw the issue. We were watching out a window on the Lido deck. The Belize Port Authority (Coast Guard) kept pulling up to a private boat that was next to the ship. A couple of times the people on that boat provided paperwork to the Port people. I think they went back and forth about 30 mins or so. Shortly after the Port Authority looked like they were satisfied, an announcement came on that the tendering process was going to begin right away. I am wondering if there was concern of this boat being pirates or terrorists. We had already decided that we were not going get off the ship until this was resolved.

What did we do in each port: Mahogany Bay - Used the local beach. It was crowded but we enjoyed it anyway.

Belieze - did some shopping in the port area

Cozumel - This was our only "formal" excursion. We did the $89 dolphin encounter. It was very good and we sent more time with the dolphins than I had expected. The included lunch and drinks was good. I saw no reason to pay for the more expensive dolphin encounters.

Room Temperature - We were comfortable the entire time. We turned it down too cold the first night and had to adjust it. We were in an interior room (9373). I heard people with balconies complaining their rooms were too hot. I suspect they did not close the drapes during the day. This was our 5th Carnival cruise with an interior room. We have never had temperature issues.

For crowds - The Lido deck was very crowded in sea days. And as usuall there were people tying up lounge chairs but not using them. One time I was up early and saw a person set their stuff on a lounge chair at 06:30 am. Several hours later their stuff had not been touched. Another time I was sitting in a lounge chair for quite awhile. There was a folded towel sitting on the chair next to me. My daughter wanted to sit next to me and so I put the towel on the deck under the chair. No one ever came by and claimed I took their chair. Note - There were plently of lounge chairs on the ship as long as you were wiling to sit somewhere other than by the main pool on Lido deck.

Food - We ate breakfast at the buffet every day. Lunch varied: Guys burgers, Italian, Mexican, Buffet. Dinner was always in the main dining room. We had anytime dinning and never waited more than 5 minutes for a table. We usually got there around 06:00pm. We really liked the head waitress the first night. We asked for her station every night after that and always got her. Most nights we sat at the same table. She made an extra effort to assist our daughter that has some physical limitations. (I will be writing a positive review for her tonight to send to Carnival).

Edited by felidaet
Adding more information

Yep. All was well. :) now I can help ease the concerns of others. Haha. I think all but 2 really enjoyed it. The 2 that didn't concluded that they are just beach people, not boat people.

I don't think there are too many other people in your special category of concerns.

I notice that (as of 4/10) you are now fretting for others about the Carnival Conquest!

May have special occasion to dress up my son and girlfriend's cabin door. Planning on magnets. Is this the best way to attach decorations to the outside of the cabin door?

The doors are not magnetic. The wall to the side of the door is. We hung magnetic whiteboards on the walls to the side of the door.