Spring Break 2018

Icesk8rReedy

I have a trip booked for 4/1/18 on the Pearl, which is Easter Sunday. In my large amounts of research for spring break 2018 dates it seems that 97% of schools have it from early to late March for that year. Looks like MOST schools are back in session after Easter. Yay for me IF this is true, but have you all seen anything different? I'm just curious because the price of this cruise has jumped up in price a lot since I booked. I didn't think it would since it doesn't appear to be a major spring break date range. What do you think?

We have lived in Louisiana for 14 years. We have taken the grandkids on many spring break cruises. One year it was the week before Easter, most of the time it is the week after Easter. So Easter does fall anywhere from March-April .

When we lived in Texas they did not have spring break at Easter at all. It was always mid March .

A couple of things to keep in mind.

The week before and after Easter is a very common vacation window for grade school and high school kids, not so for colleges. I'm thinking this is standard throughout the east coast USA?

We've done several Easter cruises and yes, lots of kids.

Also, many of those same high school age and under kids have a winter break as well, usually wrapped around President's weekend.

So adding in those factors, along with college spring breaks throughout March, I'm sailing next February 25th, hoping for the best!

Curious why you chose this week of this is a concern? Either A. Reschedule for late late April or may or B. You chose that weeks because your kids are on spring break - and can't really be surprised when others are too.

We don't have kids and won't ever schedule vacations around thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or march-April... problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Forums