Staggered time?

beachgal58

but, when final payment is due in July, if I am still unable to choose my staggered check in time, I will just cancel that cruise and go to RC again, maybe a blessing in disguise....
According to Carnival, the option to choose a check-in time will be made available approximately 6 months before your cruise date. Key word being, approximately. You said you cruise in October so I'm guessing you'll see the option soon. Honestly, if not being able to choose your check-in time soon is all it takes for you to cancel the cruise, it sounds like you're looking for an excuse to cancel. I'm not trying to sound rude, but maybe you'd be happier with another line. Because if this one little thing hurts your Carnival experience enough to cancel, what happens if you run into bigger issues?

I didn't see any discontinuity in Cruisegirl6's comments that would imply that her concerns were related to any lack of understanding. The reality is that if you cannot check in until a certain time, then you cannot board until after that time. While that may not matter if the difference is between an 11:00 AM check-in time and an 11:30 AM check-in time, it could very well may matter if the difference is between an 11:00 AM check-in time and an 1:30 PM check-in time.

I fully understand why beachbum said that. Cruisegirl6 mentioned boarding three times in her first paragraph. At one point she said, "I like to get up early, get in a cab get to the pier and board." If she has an early check-in time, she's not going to be able to board as soon as she gets to the port. So it sounds like she's kind of confusing check-in and boarding.

Hey, All; This is my first time dealing with "staggered check in". Where on the Carnival web site will they post the selection times? I have completed my online check-in and it was not available then. We're under six months now and when I check it, I'm not sure that I'm looking in the right place. I'm checking where it says edit check in, is this the right place? Any insight would be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks, and Be Blessed! Mikey:)

I had the same question. I would see on here people sailing in December were already picking their check in times, but I am sailing in October and still no option. I finally called Carnival. I was told that the option shows up immediately if you have priority boarding (suite, or diamond or platinum). Otherwise, it will show up about 3-4 months prior to your sailing date. So keep looking. I was told when you click on the online check in and you see the list of names on the booking on the left, and then under that you stateroom preferences etc. It will show up right there when available. She also advised, even if you have FTTF which allows you to arrive any time regardless of your check in time, to choose the earliest possible check in time, as this helps keep it more even and not have everyone show up at once.

Hope this helps! I'm still watching for mine for October. I check back every day or so.

Beachbum53, I understand customs can take longer, but the fact is, when boarding finally happens I be on the first or one of the first groups to board, yes, I keep checking thank you.

BUU- :)

Organized Chaos- I just want to get on the ship and start my cruise asap, I don't want to sit around and wait till the afternoon. I have so far taken 69 cruises, so maybe I am just used to my ways?

Pearose- Thats not true, because I was suppose to go on the Dream in two weeks, I booked up the cruise in October and was able to choose immediately, my son just went on the Carnival Magic and he was able to choose his time 7 months in advance when he booked the cruise.

Yes, that is the area online that I was able to choose my staggered time for the Dream.

Which ship are you going on?

So it sounds like she's kind of confusing check-in and boarding.
She has since clarified that my interpretation was correct: She simply wants to board earlier not later. The fact is that getting a 1:30 PM check-in time has impact -- not enough for me to cancel a cruise, but it still has impact.