Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Hi Danish Viking,

We are 2 couples going to the Regal Princess on August 29.

We are stating at the Best Western Hebron hotel.

Would we be able to get a taxi to the pier that for 4 with luggage

or better to get 2 taxis. Same question for arrival at airport.

Hi Danish Viking,

My boyfriend and I will be staying at Wakeup Copenhagen Borgergade for a few days before our cruise. What are some good places for coffee in the immediate area?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From this list only the Wecycle is located close to your hotel.

But I´m sure the reception at the hotel can guide you to a place that is located closer to the hotel.

http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/gastronomy/great-coffee-shops-spots

Hi Danish Viking,

We are 2 couples going to the Regal Princess on August 29.

We are stating at the Best Western Hebron hotel.

Would we be able to get a taxi to the pier that for 4 with luggage

or better to get 2 taxis. Same question for arrival at airport.

If you get a station wagon it should be possible to have place for it all in one taxi.

No rush. Thank you. I will look again at the bus.

I have not forgot your post, I have asked my friend who works close to Nordhavn station if he knows a good place.

Cafe Bopa at Bopa Plads is very good but is it to long of a walk?

Hello Danish Viking,

Firstly thank you for doing this thread. It's very kind of you to help people out.

I will be arriving early September in Copenhagen where we have an overnight stop. I am travelling on Princess Cruises along with my wife and one year old daughter. The plan was to visit the usual tourist things like the mermaid statue (yes, I know but it's my first time in Copenhagen!) and then go to Tivoli to have a look around etc.

Do Princess tend to have a shuttle into the 'main area'? Is it regular whilst they are docked?

What is the best way to do this AND get back to the ship? It's going to be docked at the Oceankaj.

And if it is Taxi....then how do you pronounce Oceankaj so I don't end up looking like a complete idiot?!

I'm pretty sure they have a shuttle but I'm also pretty sure they charge you an arm and a leg.

It can be done cheaper with the public busses.

Take the bus to Østerport and walk from there (or take bus 26 the short trip to the Indiakaj bus stop)

If you take the 27 bus you kan get off at the Søndre Frihavn/Kalkbrænderihavnsgade bus stop for a shorter walk.

When done you walk back to Indiakaj and take bus 26 towards Ålholm Plads and get off at Rådhuspladsen next to Tivoli.

When taking a taxi home, just ask for the cruise ship terminal and they will know.

Danish viking: I hope you enjoyed your little respite. I noticed that you are posting again.

Just to keep you updated. I didn't go with the Coach minibus because they wanted a check. Then Ifound Strøby and they would accept my credit card. However, last I heard from them, it was June 20. I sent them lots of emails but no

more replies or communications. I have too much bad luck, maybe it is a language

problem. I give up. I am leaving soon for CPH and my cruise.

One question, please. How many passengers in a taxivan? I have 13 people.

Thank you for all your help, I'm shocked it didn't work out. Maybe I'll look for the minibus, when I get off the cruise and it will be waiting, then I won't need to get on the taxi line.

Thank you Danish viking. I'll be able to fit in 2 taxi vans then. I assume they can handle 5 or 6 bags of luggage?

I had a name (Bjarne Nielsen) and I sent him an email every 2 days. I went on website and also used contact to write them again. I was on the FB page, too. And I checked my Spam folder.

You were very helpful but it is not our destiny, to hire the mini bus. Thanks again. :loudcry:

So I have an embarassing question. When walking in the various areas are there public restrooms? or??

Thanks

Nancy

:) No it isn't. We were able to navigate the Copenhagen area without paying. Pickup the Official Copenhagen Tourist map which has some marked on the map. Some suggestions are: the Tourist Center, restaurants, and some trains. It is not as difficult as Norway, Russia, and Sweden.

Hmmm Bjarne Nielsen is the owner so he should be able to reply. :D

Yes, the owner did reply. " We do not take credit cards! " It is too late now because I'm ready to fly to CPH

I will rely on the taxi vans. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate the way you treat everyone with personal care. Thank you again!

@Beannie

There is a map of public toilets in Copenhagen here: http://www.kk.dk/toiletter

The good ones are the ones that says "med opsyn" (with supervision).

The best are the ones at Nyhavn, Amagertorv and Israels Plads (by Torvehallerne)

Bless you! But, what are bad ones?[emoji38]

Beannie.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, Danish Viking, for all the valuable information you've provided through this thread. My friends and I will be arriving in Copenhagen on July 15 and would appreciate any recommendations you may have for a three-day visit. This will be our first time visiting your beautiful city and with so much to see, we're unsure where we should place our focus in order to make the most of our experience. Also, would you recommend us purchasing either the Copenhagen Card or a City Pass? Thanks in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated!