Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

Both areas are very safe and quiet but Nørre Søgade has more through traffic so that can probably be a little bit more noisy than the other hotel.

Nyhavn 71 is in the quiet end of Nyhavn, meaning that the bars are located in the other end and the bicycle/pedestrian traffic to the kissing bridge is on the other side of Nyhavn.

71 Nyhavn is rated as the 3rd best hotel in Copenhagen according to tripadvisor, Hotel Christian IV is number 24 (out of 117) so its still very good.

Thank you for that helpful information. Since you didn't comment on the Best Western Plus (hotel or area), should I infer that you do not recommend it for some reason?

Also, I should have asked earlier but are either of the four hotels easier or harder getting to the airport for the return trip? Thank you, again!

Hi Danish Viking,

Please let me know if Ibsen hotel is in good location - somehow I started worried that I made the wrong choice. We will arrive at August 21 in the afternoon prior to TA on Vision - what will be your suggestion to see and where to have dinner. It's our second time in Copenhagen - so we had walking tour and boat trip. I am thinking about Tivoli garden, anything else?

Thanks a lot for help!!!

Irina

Thank you for that helpful information. Since you didn't comment on the Best Western Plus (hotel or area), should I infer that you do not recommend it for some reason?

Also, I should have asked earlier but are either of the four hotels easier or harder getting to the airport for the return trip? Thank you, again!

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Hebron. Near Central Station and close to Tivoli gardens and public transit.

It's a lovely hotel. An older style hotel that's had upgrades. Our room overlooked a central courtyard. The staff was very friendly and helpful on directions to locations.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry I overlooked these hotels on your list

Is it the City or Hebron hotel?

Hotel City is located in probably the most quiet area on Copenhagen and Hebron is located in the popular Vesterbro area but its behind the central station so its not so quiet at the others.

Would one of the restaurants in Tivoli offfer Stegt flæsk med persillesovs? If not, then where should one go for such a treat?

Søcafeen if you go to Tivoli.

http://soecafeentivoli.dk/Menukort/varme%20retter.html

But if you want all you can eat Stegt Flæsk go to these places instead, you get more and in most cases its cheaper than in Tivoli.

Restaurant Klubben on Vesterbro, Enghavevej 4

https://www.restaurant-klubben.dk/

Nyboders Køkken in the northern part of the downtown area at borgergade 134

http://nyboderskoekken.dk/

Restaurant Dansk Kromade is located in Valby but is regarded as one of the best for traditional danish food, I have not tried it myself so can say if its true :-)

http://danskkromad.dk/

What are those? Looking at Tivoli restaurants now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pork is the key protein of Denmak. Danes eat more pork per person than any other county. The Stegt flæsk is a traditional preparation. I think it is mostly pan fried. As you said, back home this cut might be BBQed and/or grilled over hot coals. In Denmark this is a traditional home cooked meal.

I will be pre-cruise in CPH 4 nights. I also hope to sample frikadelle, the danesstyle of meatballs. They will be easier to find and are often offered on the open faced sandwiches, smørrebrød. There is even a secret recipie for frladelle from 1900 in a cookbook hidden away in the "...deep inside the basement of the beautiful Rosenborg Castle".

Sorry I overlooked these hotels on your list

Is it the City or Hebron hotel?

Hotel City is located in probably the most quiet area on Copenhagen and Hebron is located in the popular Vesterbro area but its behind the central station so its not so quiet at the others.

I was interested in Hotel City. Thanks.

Its a easy 10-15 minute ride with metro line M2 from the airport to Kongens Nytorv.

From Kongens Nytorv its a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel.

If you search for your hotel on Google Maps you can clearly see the metro station to the left on the map.

Danish Viking,

We are arriving at CPH at 8:50 in the morning Tuesday, 9 September and will go to the Raddisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel. If we take the train to København H, can we walk from there and roll our luggage? How far?

OR, can we get easily a taxi from Kobenhavn H?

How far is the Raddisson from Nyhavn walking? Is there a better way to travel there?

Thanks very much.

I think its way to long to walk with luggage, well even without luggage its a long walk.

According to journeyplanner.dk you have 2 choices.

1) take bus 5C all the way to Ørestads Boulevard (Amager Boulevard) bus stop just next to the hotel.

Direction is Husum Torv or Herlev Hospital.

This take 32 minutes.

2) or take a short cut by taking metro line M2 to Amagerbro St. and get 5C from there.

Then it only takes 22 minutes.

Both trips includes the walk to the hotel from the bus stop, journeyplanner.dk says 5 minutes but that's walking very slow.

Danish viking: Thank you very, very much for all the suggestions! :D I received my offers and they are about the same, give or take a little. Since I was contacted first by stroebyturist, I am considering using them. You are an excellent, helpful, kind person and I am grateful for your taking the time to help us travellers. What do you think of my choice? Have a wonderful day. :)

How was your experience with them? How many people did you have and was it a price per bus or price per person fee? Do you recall how many the bus could hold? Thank you.

We are looking into booking with airbnb since there are 6 of us and we're spending 4 nights in Copenhagen. This gives us a bit more flexibility with eating and also a washer/dryer so we can wash our clothes before the cruise. I was wondering if these 2 are a good area to be? Safe ?

e95ffb55b50354134cb0a5de130a2bcf.jpgdb898878359f01b9bdabd4057c6f2429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums