Wonderful Copenhagen 2017 edition.

For 3 days I think that the Copenhagen Card will be a good choice because you can visit whatever you want and then you want (in the opening hours)

A day trip to Frederiksborg Palace and Kronborg Castle could be a fun thing to do and you can finish the day off with a nice dinner in Tivoli.

Else its the usual places like Rosenborg, Amalienborg, National museum, Glyptoteket etc etc.

Yes, the owner did reply. " We do not take credit cards! " It is too late now because I'm ready to fly to CPH

I will rely on the taxi vans. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate the way you treat everyone with personal care. Thank you again!

I still don't understand what the problem is.

I understand that you prefer credit card but why don't you just pay with a check or via your bank.

I promise you that bus companies in Denmark are very reliable and trustworthy so you don't have to be afraid of paying before you see the bus at the pier.

I still don't understand what the problem is.

I understand that you prefer credit card but why don't you just pay with a check or via your bank.

I promise you that bus companies in Denmark are very reliable and trustworthy so you don't have to be afraid of paying before you see the bus at the pier.

Yes, you are correct but he didn't answer me until yesterday and there is no time to get the bank check. I am flying out to CPH. Last week, I would have had time to send a bank draft, but banks close early. I don't know why they didn't contact me earlier. My first question, in June was do you take Visa or Master Charge. So they sent me a quote and I was happy but I never got the bill until yesterday. And to my surprise he said No CC!

I hope the taxis will be lined up, when we get back from the cruise. We need to get back to the airport, to make an early flight out.

Before my cruise I will be in Copenhagen for 4 days. I plan on bringing some Danish Krone with me. I will be geting the Copenhagen card for public transpotation. I was curious as to how much local currency I should aquire. Should I get denomination in coins in addition to paper currency? I suspect that most of our expences will be covered by credit card transaction, but in some cases cash might be easier.

By the way, what type of purchases might be easier with cash? Hot Dog stands?

Danish Viking - thanks for all the helpful information.

What type of store would we visit for: wine; mouth wash; and craft items (pillow form). Thanks in advance.

What type of store would we visit for: wine; mouth wash; and craft items (pillow form). Thanks in advance.

I wondered the same thing so I looked up "Copenhagen supermarkets" I came up with Irma, of which there are multiple locations. Netto and Fotex. Netto looks like a traditional supermarket. Fortex looks like a Walmart with groceries plus all kinds of other things.

As noted Superbrugsen, Irma, Føtex etc can get you the first 2 items.

But I am not sure what the last item is. :-)

Since you've said this just recently, can we assume that the construction at Oceankaj isn't too much of a factor now? Like other recent posters, we'll be boarding Regal Princess Aug 18 and leaving her Aug 29.

Thanks for all the detail here.

Most of the trucks came from the metro construction sites and to the landfill.

But since they are done digging out the stations and drilling the tunnels the number of trucks should be less.

Of course there will still arrive trucks from other construction sites but they are fewer and almost only from Monday to Fridays.

Hi Danish Viking! Again, thank you for all your help. One short question - we have dinner reservations for one of the restaurants in Tivoli Gardens. I'm assuming we need to pay the DKK120 entrance fee to get to the restaurant? Is that correct?

Thank you!

Danish Viking,

You are awesome and so many of us owe you for being such a great help. Thank you for taking so much of your time to answer all our questions. Here's even more:

What would you recommend we try for local cuisine - fast food and regular dining? Do you have places you prefer that are convenient for visitors staying in central Copenhagen?

How about places easy to get to via public transport away from Cemtral area?

Thanks

Danish Viking,

You are awesome and so many of us owe you for being such a great help. Thank you for taking so much of your time to answer all our questions. Here's even more:

What would you recommend we try for local cuisine - fast food and regular dining? Do you have places you prefer that are convenient for visitors staying in central Copenhagen?

How about places easy to get to via public transport away from Cemtral area?

Thanks

For fast food you should definately try a hot dog.

For the 2 others I would have to get back to you.

But for danish food I'm thinking Smørrebrød (open faced sandwich) but I will come with some suggestions later today or tomorrow.

Hi Danish Viking! Again, thank you for all your help. One short question - we have dinner reservations for one of the restaurants in Tivoli Gardens. I'm assuming we need to pay the DKK120 entrance fee to get to the restaurant? Is that correct?

Thank you!

If you have the Copenhagen Card entrance to Tivoli is free.

Danish Viking,

Arriving in Copenhagen on September 18, will I be able to get a small amount of Danish Krona and Euros from an ATM machine at the airport or should I get them stateside before we leave? Thank you for all you do!

I have more or less the same question. I know I can get the paper currency from an ATM, but I wonder is getting coins before getting to CPH makes sense. I also wonder how much cash is really needed since the plastic cards seem to be preferred.

I am going to be in CPH for 4 days and have thought that $400 to $500 in cash may exceed any need.

As noted Superbrugsen, Irma, Føtex etc can get you the first 2 items.

But I am not sure what the last item is. :-)

Thank you for info. The pillow form is usually a foam pillow form that can be covered with needle work, fabric, or some other covering. I didn't want to carry them on the plane, and was hoping I could pick them up while in Copenhagen.

Thank you for info. The pillow form is usually a foam pillow form that can be covered with needle work, fabric, or some other covering. I didn't want to carry them on the plane, and was hoping I could pick them up while in Copenhagen.

Never been to CPH, but the pedestrian street "Strøget" has hundreds and hundreds of shops. If I were looking for a needle work item that wouls be a place I'd go. Actually my daughter likes needle point. I might look there myself.