Can anyone help me find a post by a Bermuda cruiser . . .

lmintzer

I believe I read about this on Mitsugirly's reviews. She does some great reviews and I'm sure they did the walk. Search for her on cc and you will see a long Bermuda review. Come back and let me know if that was the review.

The Summer 2017 ferry schedule is here. The early ferry from Dockyard to St George's is at 9:30, weekdays only.

The bus schedules/maps are here, but they might be updated between now and this summer. You need to take one bus from St George's to Hamilton, then another one to Warwick Long Bay (ask for a transfer from the first driver, if you're not using an unlimited transportation pass).

This will be a long day, and there is a lot of travel time (even if you decide to take taxis instead), which means you only get a couple of hours in St George's and at the beaches. You are basically traveling the entire length of the island in one day, and I don't know if it makes sense to do that, vs. using your 2 or 3 days in port to focus on one area at a time.

I have seen Mitsugirly's review--it is a great one! I love her photos and description of the walk. The one I was thinking of actually detailed a day that started off in St. Georges. So I was curious to look that over again and see how they fit it all in.

Thanks for the ferry schedule. That is helpful. Yes, I agree that probably is too much for one day. We will break it up if possible.

I wonder where I saw that review--maybe it was on the Bermuda forum?

. . . who has photos and narrative about taking the early ferry to St. George and then doing the Warwick to Horseshoe walk on the same day? I remember seeing it can no longer find it. TIA.

I think you are looking for the post by member Dreamer68. Here is the link to the post where she describes that activity. Here is the link for the entire thread.

She went to the South Shore beaches by bus from St George's. 50 minutes from SG to Hamilton and 20-25 minutes from Hamilton to Warwick Long Bay Beach.plus a max waiting time of 30 minutes for the bus to WLBB.

The other option for the trip would be by taxi. By taxi, the travel time would be about 40 minutes, and the fare would be about $45 plus tip for 4 passengers, non-holiday weekday travel.

SBtS

I think you are looking for the post by member Dreamer68. Here is the link to the post where she describes that activity. Here is the link for the entire thread.

She went to the South Shore beaches by bus from St George's. 50 minutes from SG to Hamilton and 20-25 minutes from Hamilton to Warwick Long Bay Beach.plus a max waiting time of 30 minutes for the bus to WLBB.

The other option for the trip would be by taxi. By taxi, the travel time would be about 40 minutes, and the fare would be about $45 plus tip for 4 passengers, non-holiday weekday travel.

SBtS

Thank you! I think that was thread I was looking for! They are starting to blur together. Wow--that is a lot of time on a bus for us--probably won't fly with kids, but it's great to read about her adventures.)

Edited by lmintzer

Just a thought. We took the bus from King's Wharf to Warwick Long Bay. We then walked the trail to Horseshoe Bay. Pretty beaches to stop at along the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is now what I'm thinking we'll do--just have to figure out if it makes sense to take the bus vs one of those beach mini-vans (where we'd be guaranteed a seat). Not sure if the vans will take us to Warwick. And then is it best to the lighthouse after? Or before? Guess I have plenty of time to plan since none of this requires reservations (Cross-posted this question on the Bermuda forum.)

Don't remember the beach mini-vans. We were there a few years ago. We did have to wait awhile at King's Wharf to get a Warwick Long Bay bus. There were all heading to Horseshoe Bay. Of course, you can always take the trail from Horseshoe to Warwick!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are both shuttles (mini-vans) and public buses going to Horseshoe Bay from Dockyard. Because so many people want to make this trip when cruise ships are in port, a lot of the public buses are special services that only go to Horseshoe Bay and not the rest of the way to Hamilton. The drivers may be able to tell you how long you'll have to wait for a regular service to take you to Warwick Long Bay, but you may be better off changing plans. It could actually a good idea to work your way eastward and end up at Warwick at the end of the day if you want to catch a bus back to Dockyard, because you will beat the crowds that are probably waiting at the Horseshoe Bay bus stop. (The buses don't stop if they're already full.)

There are both shuttles (mini-vans) and public buses going to Horseshoe Bay from Dockyard. Because so many people want to make this trip when cruise ships are in port, a lot of the public buses are special services that only go to Horseshoe Bay and not the rest of the way to Hamilton. The drivers may be able to tell you how long you'll have to wait for a regular service to take you to Warwick Long Bay, but you may be better off changing plans. It could actually a good idea to work your way eastward and end up at Warwick at the end of the day if you want to catch a bus back to Dockyard, because you will beat the crowds that are probably waiting at the Horseshoe Bay bus stop. (The buses don't stop if they're already full.)

The special public bus to only Horseshoe Bay was not offered last year, and I have not read anything that indicated it would be running this year. The options to Horseshoe Bay are: public bus, shuttle bus, or taxi.

SBtS