Embarkation time in Rome (Civitavecchia) May 17th Royal Princess?

ellie1145

Our cruise documents say embarkation will be at 1.00 but we have always arrived sooner than this for other cruises as embarkation has always started earlier.

Does anyone know if the time is just an advisory and that they will start embarkation earlier?

Thanks

Our cruise documents say embarkation will be at 1.00 but we have always arrived sooner than this for other cruises as embarkation has always started earlier.

Does anyone know if the time is just an advisory and that they will start embarkation earlier?

Thanks

It's the same as anywhere else. We arrived around 10:30 and boarding started around Noon.

The ship doesn't leave until 7pm so what is the rush to embark???

eclue:cool:

Additionally, early bird get the worm. By being able to board early (full suites, platinum, and above) greater the chances of being able to sign up for ultimate ship tours, Chef's table, etc. These are not always awarded on a lottery system but by first come, first served. ;)

I too am curious about this. We sail on the Royal in October, a lot of people in our roll call will be getting on in Barcelona, so do they allow you to board early since this is a port that people will be getting off to do excursions.

Kathy

I too am curious about this. We sail on the Royal in October, a lot of people in our roll call will be getting on in Barcelona, so do they allow you to board early since this is a port that people will be getting off to do excursions.

Kathy

No early boarding. Just the usual embarkation time around Noon.

The ship doesn't leave until 7pm so what is the rush to embark???

eclue:cool:

Because I simply can't wait to board the ship! I'm counting the minutes......

After more than 50 cruises I still feel the excitement bubbling over when we see 'our' ship just waiting for us (ok I know, us and thousands more) to board.

Oh, and we love to kick off a cruise with lunch in the dining room.

• 1 month later...

An update on this.

We arrived at the port soon after 10.40. We went straight to check in, and on the desk was a card which informed us that there would be early embarkation that day.

We sat for about 10 minutes and then off we went. We were on board before 11.30 and in our cabin which was ready and waiting.

Fantastic service!

Lunch in the dining room was great, too. What a lovely way to start our cruise.

We had a great cruise, too, with perfect weather, wonderful food and amazing service.