Sorry... one last reminder on Voom

We are sailing on Allure Saturday - we have the Voom Surf & Stream and will be using an iPhone 6. I just want to make sure that I understand correctly how to use this service (what features to turn on/off with my phone) in order to only use the Voom versus being charged anything through my provider. Thank you!! :D

We are sailing on Allure Saturday - we have the Voom Surf & Stream and will be using an iPhone 6. I just want to make sure that I understand correctly how to use this service (what features to turn on/off with my phone) in order to only use the Voom versus being charged anything through my provider. Thank you!! :D

Put the phone in Airplane mode.

Turn on WiFi.

Connect to Royal WiFi.

Enter your access code.

You could switch the data off on your phone - this should stop any unwanted connections and charges

While this would stop data charges, it would not stop incoming calls and texts, which could result in charges.

Also, try it at home before you leave. Make sure you carrier offers WiFi calling.

Like above, put it in airplane mode, and turn on WiFi, and connect to WiFi.

Make sure your phone is setup for WiFi calling. Easy to setup, you have to add your address for 911 purposes.

Apple Support on WiFi Calling

I'm sorry but I need to make sure I understand this because the RCI web site is junk and doesn't clearly explain it.

Does VOOM Surf and Stream allows us to make phone calls and send/receive text messages from home? (My provider does have wi-fi calling.)

I'm sorry but I need to make sure I understand this because the RCI web site is junk and doesn't clearly explain it.

Does VOOM Surf and Stream allows us to make phone calls and send/receive text messages from home? (My provider does have wi-fi calling.)

The cruise line's website is not going to know the capabilities of your provider.

If your provider does support wifi calling and your phone also supports it, then, yes, you can make phone calls and send and receive texts as long as you have enabled wifi calling on your phone.

The cruise line's website is not going to know the capabilities of your provider.

If your provider does support wifi calling and your phone also supports it, then, yes, you can make phone calls and send and receive texts as long as you have enabled wifi calling on your phone.

Thanks so much. My provider and phone does support wi-fi calling. This is great news.

As was mentioned, try this at home now. VOOM is simply wifi, same as at home (with much poorer latency and speed) - what you do with it is up to you.