Another internet question.

atj1971

We are planning on getting the Social plan. I am not trying to work the system but I wonder, if we get an internet plan, can we get 1 and share it between our devices? Use it on one device at a time? I have no problem getting it for each of us but if you can log out of one device and log on to another, why pay for multiple devices?

We will have 2 cell phones and a laptop.

That's how they terms and conditions of those plans read to me and how they have been described to me by folks who say they've used them: one device AT A TIME.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

OK so this may be a dumb question but do I need to buy the internet program to just send a basic text? Can I even text while I'm am out at sea. The only reason I ask is beause that is how we keep in touch with our petsitter.

OK so this may be a dumb question but do I need to buy the internet program to just send a basic text? Can I even text while I'm am out at sea. The only reason I ask is beause that is how we keep in touch with our petsitter.

Yes you will need the social plan, the basic internet package to text. Unless you want to pay international roaming charges on your cell phone.

Sent from my XT1030 using Forums mobile app

Several service providers (including mine: Verizon) offer apps that can send and retrieve "basic" txts (SMS messages) through WiFi instead of through cellular phone service. I believe that someone relayed that the app works with the Value service.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.