Carnival Magic?

dolphin5057

I was on her April 1, 2017. Staff (except stewards) were very mopey. Little busing going on up on deck 11, ashtrays barely ever emptied. They spent a lot of time shining the recycle bin over and over. Saw one crew member put a sticker on 2 loungers on Lido where almost all the chairs had towels on them. 40 min. later he took the stickers off and left the towels! Two ladies at 7:30 am put a blue towel on every chair on deck 11 smoking side. That's a lot of chairs!

Staff in spa were very nice, never pushed products.

Room service took an hour so naturally my BLT toast was cold, oh well. Tiny amount of potato salad. Hadn't had this happen in the past.

Staff didn't say anything to all the kids (1500 on board) running and yelling everywhere. It was a madhouse.

Waiter at sea day brunch watched me eat and bemoaned the fact he now has to fetch bar drinks. Evening service was slow. Biggest drawback to no tablecloth was when trying to cut something the plate moved all over. I put a napkin under it to stop that. Waiter saw and commented he knows that happens.

I didn't notice any ship rolling even though we had some bad weather. We were going 23 knots!

When I sailed her last year none of this happened. There was one guy on deck 11 who kept things very clean. Going again in November. I still enjoyed the cruise.

Ahhhhh........ I need to know all about the cloud 9 spa!!

*Did you try the couple massage?

I have a balcony cabin.... Are the saunas great?

Was the treatments at a discount with a cloud 9 cabin?

$150 acupuncture was $100. Didn't use sauna. Didn't like the rails to sit on in the T-pool. Got a great haircut. Staff very nice.

How can I find a discussion board on here for January 27th, 2018? I am so lost...thank you

You already found your roll call :) You posted on it this morning. We are not allowed to discuss that social media platform group you are talking about though :/

Magic has pros for sports square and steakhouse - we love most of the specialty restaurants. We loved Dominican Republic. And Comedy Club is huge.

Our sailing was pre Christmas and packed - sailing 4600 out of 4650. We don't care for location of Alchemy and while we liked the hot tubs location on this deck they were never more than Luke warm.

Also we waited 45 min to get back on board in Grand Turk. It was only a 6 hr port of call so everyone waiting til 5 to start to board.

We love to cruise so no cruise is bad and this one just went down as another fun one in our book. Was hoping it would exceed Sunshine but she remains our favorite for all the different options with sushi, Havana bar, Jijis etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we went on a cruise January 2017, we had a 69 members we got to know each other and actually met in the ship, it was pretty cool. Some still keep in touch.

Our "social media group that shall go unnamed" did the same thing. We met up at the Red Frog Pub about an hour before Muster drill on boarding day. It was a great meeting. Im friends with several now because of it.