DREAM - Need help ASAP. Stay in room #6337 OR switch to #11253

DrunkMonkey

What's 'self assist'

When you get to shore do they exit by decks? So Deck one gets off 1st & Deck 11 gets off like an hour later?

On our first cruise we were on deck 3 with a basic inside cabin and we were one of the last ones called to leave the ship. Since then we've been moving up to higher decks and getting balcony cabins and we've been getting off the ship much earlier. The higher the deck your cabin is on the higher the cruise price. I've found that those who spend more (like balcony cabin instead of inside cabin, or higher deck instead of lower deck) get off earlier.

On the last night of the cruise they tell you to put your packed luggage outside of your cabin and it's waiting for you in a holding area at the pier when you get off of the ship. It's nice to not have to lug your luggage around the next morning during debarkation. But the down side of it is that you may wait for a looong time for them to call your number to leave the ship. The cabin stewards push you to leave the room by 8 am because they need to prepare the room for the next cruisers. But they don't usually call us to get off till 10:00-10:30 (if we are lucky) so the wait is horrible. You can't get a seat at breakfast (people grab tables and roost there waiting to be called to get off.) And the theaters and other seating areas are jam packed.

This time we are thinking of doing self assist for the first time. It's where you don't leave your luggage outside of your cabin. You just carry it off yourself the next morning. Yes it will be a pain carrying my own luggage. But walking right off of the ship and skipping the baggage line may make it worth it for me.

Just off the dream and we were in almost that exact cabin on 11th floor. It was the best ship placement we have had! Quiet balcony, close to lido pool, close to lido buffet, close to serenity. Didn't feel ship movement much. I would just to the 11th if it is still possible!

We had an aft wrap on deck six on Dream and while we enjoyed it very much, there's no way I would opt for a regular balcony on deck six vs a regular on deck 11; Deck 11 (Panorama) wins hands down. We've had deck six aft wraps on Breeze and we've had Panorama deck regular balconies on Breeze and Panorama is by far the best option unless you have an aft wrap. Our next cruise is on Magic and we're on Deck 11 because the aft wraps were booked.

The Lanai (Deck 5) is far enough below deck 11 to be a non issue unless you look straight down.

As for movement, there's movement everywhere; its a ship on the ocean. If there's a lot of side wind, there will be movement.

If deck 11 were $200 more than deck 6, I'd still book deck 11.