S&S Colors and whatever

Hot Hockett

is their a difference between the regular blue S&S card:confused: , the gold one, the platinum one, and i think a silver one. i know there are some perks with the platinum one, like dinner and private tour in the galley or something like that, but is there a difference in a gold card, and when exactly are you issued another "color" on your 2nd cruise or on the cruise after your 2nd. thanks

Oh I did not know you get perks with the Platinum card.

I don't think it's many, priority debarkation is one of them. Sounds like some people are getting perks, which may or may not be due to the platinum card. It also sounds like they vary from ship to ship at this point.

and somewhere on these boards I detailed the perks we received.

Our family of four are all Platinum (hubby would be "way elite", if they had that status).

Nothing to write home about (compared to what Princess or RCCL does) but a nice start.

We had a Bon Voyage gift awaiting us in our cabin comps of CCL. (not our PVP - he sent us a bottle of champagne). We had appetizers sent to our cabin (comps of CCL) on both formal nights. We ordered a birthday cake for our 14 year old from the M D and tried to "sign for it" all night....but the M D and our head waiter said "don't worry about it" with a wink. This was our 12 th family cruise and we saw the M D and his assistant about a hundred times during the cruise...which has never happened to us before.

Our 14 year old got a "ship on a stick" for being the unofficial youngest Platinum cruiser on the ship.

There may have been a few more things that I can't remember, but the bottom line is that none of this ever happened in the past. We cruise about every 4 - 6 months. (Our October was cancelled by FEMA) But this was our first cruise since they implemented the colored card system. We sail again in March, so we will see if we get the same thing???

We were the first Platinums that our cabin steward had served. (He has been with Carnival for 6 years)

Again, from what I have read, these "perks" seem to vary from ship to ship, which IMHO is not a good thing. They should be consistant throughout the fleet so that people know what to expect and won't be disappointed if they don't get what someone else does.

We were the first Platinums that our cabin steward had served. (He has been with Carnival for 6 years)

Prior to the 'color card' system he/ she wouldn't have know if it was your first or fiftieth cruise with CCL unless you told him.

believe me, I has been my experience that if a cruiser has sailed over 10 times with Carnival....the room stewards ( and eveyone else within ear shot) would know it...and they wouldn't have to have a colored room key system. ; )

We understood that our cabin steward meant since they started this system.... that is pretty much common sense.

Archived