Helsinki Included Tour and Shuttle Bus

jiminyC_fan

We used the hoho bus in Helsinki in 2012 and it was very successful. You have more time in the Church in the Rock. Near the Sibelius Monument there are toilets (requiring small change) and if you cross the road towards the lake there is a small wooden cafe selling the most marvellous cinnamon buns.

Thanks for the info. This helps. Did you remember any feed back about another option in Berlin

Bad Doberan Minster & the Molli Railway. we are trying to pick we have also been to Russia and Germany before

I don't recall speaking with anyone that went on that particular excursion, however, I think there are some reviews on this board. I would suggest using the search function and see if anything comes up.

Replying to my own thread here. We decided to take the included tour and quite glad we did. We were able to get ourselves oriented and then we stayed in town and took the shuttle back. We are quite impressed with Viking having a shuttle bus in every port so far.

Replying to my own thread here. We decided to take the included tour and quite glad we did. We were able to get ourselves oriented and then we stayed in town and took the shuttle back. We are quite impressed with Viking having a shuttle bus in every port so far.
Thank you for this post, jiminyC_fan. A first-hand and very recent post is very helpful. We will be on Viking Star in July, and your post confirms our plan for Helsinki. Good to know about the shuttle bus in every port. Enjoy the remainder of your trip.

Jiminy C - was this tour mostly a bus tour. Also, did they get most people out on a morning tour?

Thanks so much for all of your reviews.

It wasn't strictly bus. Actually, from our experience, only Stockholm was mainly bus.

It wasn't strictly bus. Actually, from our experience, only Stockholm was mainly bus.

We did the Helsinki included tour 3 days ago and it is mostly just a bus tour. We were booked on an afternoon booking for it,we wanted to go in the am. We asked at the shore excursions desk and she told us to show up at the first one in the morning and they would see what they could do. They were able to get us on it and we then stayed in town and took shuttle back. We would have walked about but was cold and raining.

caskale, we did the same thing in one port. We had an afternoon included tour but wanted a morning one so we asked the excursion desk about it the night before. They told us they were all booked but to go down to the Star Theater in the morning and ask them. They said that it is not uncommon for no shows. They told us to follow them to the bus and we could wait as stand by. They did get us on a morning tour.