Is the High Cost of Flights Curtailing your Cruising Plan's

jsf

I love the middle seats on Southwest -- my legs fit perfectly.

When you 1)have an issue with a very bad ankle that requires you to move it around instead of having it stuffed in one position in the TINY space ahead of you and 2) you tend to get claustrophobic, those middle seats are agony, regardless of the length of the flight.

On the topic of seats available - I'll go with the knowlegeables here who say the seating chart is a poor way to judge aircraft load. Especially now with domestic airlines like Delta offering the "Economy -" fares where you have no seat selection and are stuck with the dregs. And, as airlines do upgrades for elites and SDCs from other flights for elites, seats can change. And, selection of a seat is never a guarantee - it is a seat request, regardless of class of service. Just because someone has never been moved from a seat does not mean it has not happened.

Edited by slidergirl

Damn. I wish I had some paid vacation time (I just did 2 weeks unpaid due to my dog's illness and subsequent passing), but alas, I won't have an accrual of 5 days until next Spring :loudcry: There was an article in Travel & Leisure about some really cheap airfares to Europe right now. They pointed to using Google Flights (which grew out of ITA Matrix). They said there were some really cheap flights to Venice around. So, I went to the site, plugged in my home airport to Venice. Used the "price graph" click and said 10 days. Woah. There were quite a few times in mid-August through October where the round-trip fare was $395-$415!!!!! Unfortunately, it would be on United with connections on Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian (it's United that I hate). I'd be booking a flight THEN finding a cruise to match the dates. Or, just spending 10 lazy days playing around Venice, up the coast to Trieste. A girl can dream.