Sea Sickness Suggestions?

bigpud

I have stopped using any chemicals and rely on crystallised ginger. Works a treat. I start eating it on the way down to the port and a couple of pieces a day keeps me fine. My friend, who has been very seasick, has also started using it and she is fine too.

A friend of mine recommended avomine, she suffers from sea sickness but loves cruising, she takes half or quarter of tablet every morning depending on weather conditions, I only suffer in rough seas but they have always worked for me, take one tablet when you feel a bit dodgy sleep for a couple of hours, when I wake up I feel fine.

I was quite ill :eek: when we left on the Fairstar 1986 and have not been game to cruise since.Then heard the Asia cruise thru the straits of Mallacca is very calm:) .The family have twisted my arm to cruise again and reading all these reviews make me realise cruising is the most relaxing holiday when you are taking 4 children:confused: !I would like to be prepared incase the mal de mer strikes again.Any suggestions or tried and tru medication?Would Dan recommend drinking from the moment of embarkation as a cure:eek: ??(It might actually work!)

Hi bigpud, I suffer very badly from seasickness but have done 5 cruises out of Singapore up the Straits of Mallacca. The seas are so calm (or have been the 5 times we have been) that you wouldn't know you were on a ship. You may as well be walking down the street. If you do need something, I have found dramamine or Bonine (usually sold onboard) the best. New ships are also much more stable than the old ones. First few cruises I went on I was sick for 3-4 days. We did the Bay of Biscay 2 years ago with 7 metre waves and the ship barely moved. Relax and enjoy. Mummsie

I seem to be getting more travel sick as time goes on, it is making me nervous about cruising despite trying wrist bands, ginger, otc and prescribed remedies. We went from Southampton to Copenhagen and Hamburg early last month and, despite force 9 gales most of the way, I did not get any seasickness - this time I used the patch with no problems :)

If anyone is considering using the patch I would advise trying it out before travel in case of unpleasant side effects.

• 1 month later...

I am now a diehard fan of the Anchor Nutrition Bar. I think they are relatively new. I order them off of Amazon (with Prime!) at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011VHB950 and they seriously work so well. It's nice because I don't get drowsy from them at all and they completely relieve my motion-sickness symptoms. Seriously I recommend giving them a try!