Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

Nice, I wish RCCL still did that. We are sailing on the Equinox in October, looking forward to our 1st Celebrity cruise. We are diamond status on RCCL, so will be Elite on Celebrity. I really enjoyed your review. I am slightly concerned about the entertainment on Celebrity. I have found the shows on RCCL's largest ships to be good, the smaller ships are hit or miss.

Vickie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice, I wish RCCL still did that. We are sailing on the Equinox in October, looking forward to our 1st Celebrity cruise. We are diamond status on RCCL, so will be Elite on Celebrity. I really enjoyed your review. I am slightly concerned about the entertainment on Celebrity. I have found the shows on RCCL's largest ships to be good, the smaller ships are hit or miss.

I hope that our guest entertainers were a miss, and will be a bit with you. The entertainment was just different. If I had those perks again, I'd go. It was a good cruise, even if it was different. Be sure and request your tags about 6-8 weeks ahead or there's a link somewhere in the reservation in my cruises that you can click to make it happen.

Thanks, my TA usually sends for them, but if she doesn't I will be sure to request them. I booked the 10 day southern Caribbean for this October & the 11 day on the Equinox in September 2018 because of the perks; on board credit, internet, premium drink package, and prepaid tips. I figured if we didn't like the October cruise we could cancel next year's. I really don't see not liking it, how bad can a 10 day cruise be on a reputable line? It's hard to pass up the "GO BEST" package. The added perk of automatically getting Elite status and the perks that come with that because of our Diamond status on RCCL made the decision easier for which line to choose for something a little different. I really wanted some different Caribbean ports.

Vickie

Thanks, my TA usually sends for them, but if she doesn't I will be sure to request them. I booked the 10 day southern Caribbean for this October & the 11 day on the Equinox in September 2018 because of the perks; on board credit, internet, premium drink package, and prepaid tips. I figured if we didn't like the October cruise we could cancel next year's. I really don't see not liking it, how bad can a 10 day cruise be on a reputable line? It's hard to pass up the "GO BEST" package. The added perk of automatically getting Elite status and the perks that come with that because of our Diamond status on RCCL made the decision easier for which line to choose for something a little different. I really wanted some different Caribbean ports.

Vickie

We had three new ports on our 11 nighter. The tags are like the old ones RC sent, the ones that have adhesive attached. No holders needed. Having GO best really helped. I can't imagine just having the internet perks that Elite members have - 90 min for 11 nights!

Julie and Tony, very nice review and so helpful for new cruisers. Hope all is well with you.

Thanks Joan, all is great with us and we are finally enjoying the summer [emoji41]

Hi to you & George from a sunny hot Canada [emoji1063]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
You look great! Love that colour. Can't believe we haven't bumped into you two yet, we must keep different cruise schedules. [emoji23]

Based on our 90 min or so in the martini bar last night, I'd estimate maybe 15% of ladies were very dressed up. The rest ranged from less dressy than I'd wear on a regular night [emoji23], to a nice effort but not formal. As for men, a few jackets, some with a tie but most not, and lots with no jackets. I would say that for anyone on upcoming cruises on Equinox, you can get away with whatever you want. Wear what makes you happy and live and let live or it'll drive you mad. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Awesome comment about live and let love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6862d0e623ede9ee998646aa3c5d0e40.jpg

We didn't go this time as we wanted to get to the beach ASAP but it's always nice to get an invite [emoji4]

We have been invited once and missed it to for some reason or the other

• 1 month later...

I just finished going through your post! Thanks for doing this & posting menus for Blu & pictures. My husband & I are doing the equinox in a little over 4 weeks. It's only a 7 day cruise, wish it was a 10 day. It's my 2nd with Celebrity & hubby's first. We've done other cruise lines, but I'm loving the premium package, especially the Martini bar. :)

Thanks!

Carol Ann

I just finished going through your post! Thanks for doing this & posting menus for Blu & pictures. My husband & I are doing the equinox in a little over 4 weeks. It's only a 7 day cruise, wish it was a 10 day. It's my 2nd with Celebrity & hubby's first. We've done other cruise lines, but I'm loving the premium package, especially the Martini bar. :)

Thanks!

Carol Ann

You're welcome [emoji4]

I'm sure you will have a great time onboard, Equinox is a great ship with a great crew that constantly gets great reviews/comments,

We are back onboard in May and can't wait to be back onboard the home away from home [emoji483][emoji4]

I'm so glad I found this post! Thank you so much for your in depth review and all the time you took, especially all of the pictures. It is very much appreciated! We're on the Equinox in February with our adult children and I'm going to recommend they read this!

You're welcome [emoji4]

that's the great thing about cruise critic, it's full of helpful info [emoji1360]

• 2 months later...