LIVE! First time on the Allure of the Seas - May 7, 2017 Eastern Caribbean

I know, you got a visual of me in a cave. I laughed hysterically too! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visual???

Well I do have the Niagara pic from under the falls....[emoji56][emoji83][emoji83]

This live thread will be bitter sweet for me. I was supposed to be on this cruise but had to cancel (before final payment) due to a conflict. So, while I always love following along on live threads, I am going to be super jelly that I'm not there with you. I really needed this cruise!! :loudcry:

I'm so sorry you had to cancel, hopefully you can re-book soon?!

Let me know if I can take some pictures for you, of anything...just ask [emoji4]

I'm so sorry you had to cancel, hopefully you can re-book soon?!

Let me know if I can take some pictures for you, of anything...just ask [emoji4]

I am going to rebook most likely for this Nov or Dec. This trip was supposed to be a girls trip for my Mom and I (leaving DH, DS and DD) at home. We've been on Allure and Oasis several times each so I know those ships inside and out but thank you for the offer for the pics. Since this will be your first time on one of the big ladies, I hope you have an even more amazing time. Just one bit of advice....try to not stress yourself over doing everything possible. There is a lot and if you don't allow yourself to just chill it will seem like this cruise is constant go go go.

I can't wait to read your review. I am cruising on June 18th with my family of 18 people. So any information you post will be appreciated so we can plan ahead for any activities such as Slot Tournaments and if the Drink Card Special for $79.00 is offered. I appreciate reading your posts and for you taking your time to let all of us know what is going on.

We are here!! The flight was relatively uneventful although there were some mild turbulence for the first half hour ✈️

Our prayers to the luggage Gods worked, and all 3 pieces of luggage were on the carousel within 5 minutes of us arriving to look for it [emoji106]

We rented a car from Budget, it was a quick process with a shuttle just outside the terminal to take us to the rental counter. We are dropping the car off at the Budget closest to the Port on Sunday, instead of taking it back to the airport.

I got some pretty neat pics from the plane

4ec25e85e0d08e3eed03b12ec3ab3ed3.jpg

c11bff885ad3235b524cf304e8888b8c.jpg

We are all checked into our hotel, and will be heading out soon for dinner [emoji4]

Following along ...Love following live reviews!!! I am home recovering from surgery this week so this will help pass the time...and I am also going on the Allure for the first time and first cruise with Royal in September...I cannot wait to see how your week goes and all the awesome pictures that will follow...Have a great cruise...glad you guys had a good flight and escaped the rain!!! I visited Toronto years ago and just loved it....what a clean beautiful city!

I'm SOOO looking forward to reading this. I live an hour east of Toronto and will be going on this same cruise next weekend [emoji7] what time to do you start heading to the port on Sunday?

Have a great time!!!

Hey there! You must be as excited as I am since you are boarding soon too!

I think we will head to the port around 9:30AM to drop our car first. I usually like to be there early, and don't mind waiting a while. I've actually made really great friends with people I've met in line or in the terminal waiting to board! [emoji4]

Following along ...Love following live reviews!!! I am home recovering from surgery this week so this will help pass the time...and I am also going on the Allure for the first time and first cruise with Royal in September...I cannot wait to see how your week goes and all the awesome pictures that will follow...Have a great cruise...glad you guys had a good flight and escaped the rain!!! I visited Toronto years ago and just loved it....what a clean beautiful city!

Wishing you a very speedy recovery!! I'm glad I can provide a nice diversion for you this week! [emoji106]

I'll definitely be posting a lot of pictures from the ship so stay tuned!!

Good morning from sunny Fort Lauderdale! I woke up a little while ago and I'm just about to enjoy my first coffee of the day very shortly. Lucky for me, this Marriott proudly serves Starbucks [emoji106].

Last night we had a great opportunity to drive around Fort Lauderdale, I've been here many times (this is my 3rd visit since November [emoji44]) however this is a first for DH and DD. We actually covered a lot of ground, including a drive down to the Las Olas beach area. The Fort Lauderdale air show is taking place this weekend, so we may have an extra treat for sailaway ✈️ tomorrow!

Today's plans including lounging by the pool this morning, and perhaps a trip to the very famous Sawgrass Mills later in the day. If you have never been there, and you like outlet shopping, it might be somewhere you want to include in your plans when you visit the area [emoji4]

Here's a few pics of the hotel lobby and restaurant

5dbc5c49d8d6d53aab4e774a5517be61.jpg

20f576de1700fe70171b9e7842522f16.jpg

There is a fantastic breakfast buffet (as if I won't be partaking in breakfast buffet's for the next week! [emoji44]) and we are heading down there soon....

I love your reviews! Glad to follow along. Been on both Allure and Oasis...I think you will enjoy Allure. :-)

I'm really hoping I do! I'm so used to Freedom and Voyager class, it's going to be a bit of a shock I think?!?

Glad you enjoy the Live reviews, happy to have you following along [emoji106]

Robyn, can i ask what are your plans for Cozumel & Labadee? I think we are going to hang out @ Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville in Jamaica but im confused if its on a beach or has a pool.

Thanks.

Excited to follow your review as we will be there in 2 wks. [emoji4][emoji924]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You picked the perfect time to go. 2.5" of rain in 24 hours, and cold. We are heating the pool and the house, this isn't May it's November. I can't wait to follow your adventures of somewhere warmer than SW Ontario. [emoji3]

484838274f96e6e7964e0cb8f1fbcf7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on the same cruise as you! We're from Toronto as well and just sitting on the runway in Buffalo waiting for our plane to take off :) glad to hear it's sunny in Florida!

Safe travels! Nothing but blue skies here! ✈️[emoji267]