Favorite nonstandard drink

astros fan

We are leaving on the Conquest in 47 days. I know about all of the drinks of the day and the standards on Carnival ships, but what I want to know is what is your favorite...nonCarnival drink. Meaning something not specific to carnival. We are not normally adventurous drinkers, but I think the captains party and past guest party would be a great time to find a new favorite drink. So, let me hear it....what is your favorite drink.

hey astros!

My favorite non-standard is a black & tan....1/2 Bass Ale & 1/2 Guinness...yummy!!

Coolest,

I just heard a new variation of this that I am dying to try. It's called a Black Velvet and is 1/2 Guiness and 1/2 Champagne! Yummm!!

Astros,

Sorry, don't have more input for you. I'm a beer or wall drink kinda girl. If I try anything new when we go in two weeks!!! I will let you know!

• 1 month later...

Miami Vice. They are my favorite drink that I always get at my favorite nite club here at home. I am happy to have heard they have them on the ship!!

Here we make them with half pina colada mix, half strawberry daquari mix, Bacardi 151 and an extra test tube shot of blackhaus or cocanut rum stuck in it. For some reason I have the feeling on the boat you won't be getting the extra shot.

Also a big fan of bacardi green apple and sprite

And the Purple Motherf*cker: vodka, southern comfort, amaretto and then Blue Curacao liqueur and cranberry juice to make it purple!! it's really tasty.

I agree with the Singapore Sling, though they can end up good or bad depending on who is making it and what "variation" they are using.

Otherwise, my old stand-by, pre-dinner cocktail:

Tanqueray (sp?) and tonic with a lime, very refreshing!

Another good one is Brandy Old Fashion Sweet, but that is such a Wisconsin thing hardly anyone else knows how to make them. It is sugar muddled with bitters, ice, brandy, 7-up, garnish with a cherry and an orange slice. Especially good over the holidays!

Coolest,

I just heard a new variation of this that I am dying to try. It's called a Black Velvet and is 1/2 Guiness and 1/2 Champagne! Yummm!!

Astros,

Sorry, don't have more input for you. I'm a beer or wall drink kinda girl. If I try anything new when we go in two weeks!!! I will let you know!

Takes me back to my youth in England!

A Black Velvet was generally a ladies drink, usually at wedding where the champagne flowed for free!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My favorite is Yellow Bird, It is a popular drink on cruise ships and my aunt brought the recipe home that she found on a shot glass in Jamacia. She never drinks and when she tasted this on a ship she fell in love, it is light and fruity but has a lot of alcohol in it that you can barely taste. I made it at my graduation party and everyone loved it.

RCCL's strawberry coladas are good...layered half strawberry daquiri and half pina colada. My favorite warm weather drink is half cranberry juice, half champagne, with a dash of triple sec and a wedge of lime. They used to serve these at TGI Fridays, but I forget the name they used for them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had this on a cruise, but got hooked during a stay on St. Thomas:

(Note, all rums are Cruzan)

1 oz each of Pineapple, Banana, Orange and Coconut rums

1.5 oz each of orange, pineapple and cranberry juices

floater of Dark Rum

mix, serve over lots of ice in a large glass (actually, its a little bucket)

Enjoy

Archived