How long to get refund when cancelling

I need to fire my TA so I need to cancel my craise get a refund then rebook. How long does it take for them to refund cc. I need the money back before I can rebook as we have a low balance credit card. I wouldn't be firing if she did her job. I asked her to get the price drop and extra OBC when it came out Wednesday and she has yet to do it and is gone for the weekend. So not reliable at all.

Unfortunately that's just the time it takes Royal to refund the money paid. You have to go through your agent to cancel the booking, and if she's been this slow on getting a price drop I hate to think how long it will take her to cancel a cruise. That's one of the main reasons we stopped using agents, the one time we had to cancel when using a travel agent we had to jump through a ton of hoops. Think it was about 5 weeks before we got our refund, minus a cancellation fee the agent charged. We had to send a letter requesting a cancellation form be mailed to us (snail mail, email wasn't acceptable) then fill out the cancellation form and mail it back, allow 1 week to process the request, 1-2 weeks for Royal to refund the agency, and then 1-2 weeks for the agency to issue the refund to us.

Since she is gone for the weekend, she can't cancel anything until she returns and does her job.

We cancelled a B2B cruise on Monday, Booked a different single one same day. Got a price drop and OBC on Wed. Paid Credit Card bill yesterday and found out we had the refund from cruise 2 already on statement.

Hope things work out for you... If you told her of the price drop before she left town without doing it, you may be able to print out new price and show it to her when she returns. A good agent should eat the difference to keep a client since it was her fault. If you relied on her to find the price drops and she didn't, well....different story. That's why I always check and find them for her, then she does all the paperwork and gives us OBC on top.

I need to fire my TA so I need to cancel my craise get a refund then rebook. How long does it take for them to refund cc. I need the money back before I can rebook as we have a low balance credit card. I wouldn't be firing if she did her job. I asked her to get the price drop and extra OBC when it came out Wednesday and she has yet to do it and is gone for the weekend. So not reliable at all.

Just be aware that the TA may have cancel fees.

I am the one that keeps an eye out for price drops and let her know..all she has to do is get a hold of royal..so frustrating

Since you did call and tell her, I'd ask her where are my new invoices when she returns. Keep calm and see what happens. We saved $300 from the price drop and OBC on Wed.

Call her office and ask for the manager or supervisor. Most agents can help other agents clients. The other option is to have the reservations released to the cruise lie.

Call her office and ask for the manager or supervisor. Most agents can help other agents clients. The other option is to have the reservations released to the cruise lie.

I didn't know it could be released to rccl