Motorboat to Positano

Ex-vogue model

Really need some advice. We are on the Quest in September and are looking at the shore excursion which takes the motorboat from Amalfi to Positano. Has anyone done this excursion and if so, what was the boat like and how long did it take to get from Amalfi to Pos? Thanks [emoji76]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really need some advice. We are on the Quest in September and are looking at the shore excursion which takes the motorboat from Amalfi to Positano. Has anyone done this excursion and if so, what was the boat like and how long did it take to get from Amalfi to Pos? Thanks [emoji76]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't done the motor boat shore excursion but have gone to Positano on the ferry from Amalfi many times on our own. It is very easy.

The kiosk to purchase tickets is a step from the tender drop off point and the trip takes about half an hour.

The ferries run perfectly to time and you will no doubt see many of your fellow guests on board.

Don't know if you have been there before but Positano is beautiful

Hi Ex-vogue model- after seeing the pictures, we looked at the ferry schedule and they have many times to choose from. Also it's about 8 euro each (each way). So using OBC for a different excursion sounds like the way to go. On the roll call, Gavin posted a link to a Yahoo! group he set up. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went on the ships excursion "motorboat to Positano" last year.

We had a guide called Michaelangelo who was very entertaining and pointed out lots of places of interest on the boat journey to and from Positano.

We enjoyed it, but to be honest we felt we didn't have enough time to explore the town.

This year we are going to take the ferry by ourselves and spend longer and have a leisurely lunch and do a bit more shopping.

I fully agree with taking the ferry to Positano. It is very easy.

We did it last year. On the ferry to Positano there was a large group of Japanese tourists. Their group leader, Japanese himself, after addressing them, then treated the upper deck to 20 minutes of his singing arias from operas. He was very good - even the crew of the ferry were applauding him!