ST Maarten

We went to Maho on our Oasis trip in March. You can walk to town in about 20 mins or take the water taxi for a fee. You need to go onto the Main Street behind the seafront then again behind that street and you will see minibuses with Maho signs in their windows just cruising by. It's a set price of $2 pp. They drop you in about 40 mins at one end of the beach. On the way back. Cross the road and grab a returning minibus. Bear in mind the big planes don't start arriving/departing till around 1pm. Before that it's just light aircraft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did the same thing. Did some shopping first and then took the bus to and from Maho Beach.

Thank you very much to all who supplied specific info as to how to do "easy-peezy". This is what I was looking for from the poster I was quoting. She constantly makes these general statements with very few, or more often, no specifics whatsoever which I just find annoying and unhelpful. Again, a sincere thank you to all who DID provide the specifics!!!:D

Thank you very much to all who supplied specific info as to how to do "easy-peezy". This is what I was looking for from the poster I was quoting. She constantly makes these general statements with very few, or more often, no specifics whatsoever which I just find annoying and unhelpful. Again, a sincere thank you to all who DID provide the specifics!!!:D

More specifics here if anyone is interested.... with many photos and tips of how to do it.

So very easy DIY days in St Marten, one to Maho and another to Orient + Marigot/Fort Louis

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50940969&highlight=st+marten#post50940969

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46288778&highlight=st#post46288778

The question was is it going to be too crowded to enjoy with 2 ships in port that day!

There were four "and a half" ships when we were there, us on the Independence, the Ruby Princess, Disney Dream, NCL Getaway and the Club Med 2. The beach was busy but not so packed we didn't enjoy it. Sunset Bar was standing-room-only and quite busy. We just took a taxi since we knew where we were going, and grabbed one back after we had our fill... there seemed enough in the area that it was no problem.

I only made token ventures into the water but the reports were Maho is very on the rocky side, it's not the beach you'd choose if there wasn't the allure of the runway.

My screen wallpaper consists of shots of the KLM 747 landing at Maho. I think they've since gone to an A330 or other two-engine jet. Not sure if Air France still does an A340. If it's the sort of thing important to you, I think the Sunset Bar posted the schedules on their site. We got there with enough time to take a bunch of practice shots from other airliners so when the 747 came in I had my angles and timing sorted. If I could do it over, I was too "under" the plane and should have been more to the side. That's where the best "They Photoshopped that, there's no way" shots come from. Have an awesome time!!

The question was is it going to be too crowded to enjoy with 2 ships in port that day!

2 ships is nothing for St Maarten. Ghost town.

..And could you give a little more information on how this easy-peezy might be done. If someone prefers not to find this info out on their own, then maybe they do NEED an excursion like others here have suggested. Sometimes spending some money on an excursion has significant benefits and is even easier than "easy-peezy". :rolleyes:

There were two solid explanatory posts and a couple in-agreement posts before cb posted. Those gave the info she was mirroring with easy peasy. The info was already there for you.

Also there's a whole ports of call forum for Sint Maarten and St Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were four "and a half" ships when we were there, us on the Independence, the Ruby Princess, Disney Dream, NCL Getaway and the Club Med 2. The beach was busy but not so packed we didn't enjoy it. Sunset Bar was standing-room-only and quite busy. We just took a taxi since we knew where we were going, and grabbed one back after we had our fill... there seemed enough in the area that it was no problem.

I only made token ventures into the water but the reports were Maho is very on the rocky side, it's not the beach you'd choose if there wasn't the allure of the runway.

My screen wallpaper consists of shots of the KLM 747 landing at Maho. I think they've since gone to an A330 or other two-engine jet. Not sure if Air France still does an A340. If it's the sort of thing important to you, I think the Sunset Bar posted the schedules on their site. We got there with enough time to take a bunch of practice shots from other airliners so when the 747 came in I had my angles and timing sorted. If I could do it over, I was too "under" the plane and should have been more to the side. That's where the best "They Photoshopped that, there's no way" shots come from. Have an awesome time!!

Thanks so much !!