Escape Haven act or owners suite?

It seems that you are asking H6 vs H3 on Escape?

For the H3, deck 17 is better than deck 18. The balcony is larger on deck 17 and there is less overhead noise on 17 vs 18.

For the H6, the balconies vary in size and there are 2 different master bedroom/master bathroom layouts. Configuration A vs Configuration B is personal preference.

There is usually a large price difference between the H6 and H3 (if that's an issue).

If given a choice for free, I'd pick (in order)...

H3 on deck 17

H6 on deck 12 (Configuration A)

H6 on deck 9 (Configuration A)

H3 on deck 18

H6 on deck 11 (Configuration B)

After that, the H6s are either too high (noise from Spice H2O above) or the balconies are noticeably smaller.

The "inside the Haven" vs. the "long walk to the Haven" is not an issue for me.

For some, being "in" the Haven (H3) is important. For others, being able to use the balcony without a 20 knot headwind (H6) is important.

I am basing my opinion on Aft PH cabin 12306. I understand layouts and balcony size vary. I have sailed in various forward Haven cabins.

The main differences are:

Aft has a second full bath- Owners is 1 1/2.

Balcony is MUCH bigger AFT (unless you have an OS Deluxe).

There is little wind AFT and balcony was usable 24/7. I have never spent so much time in a cabin. When I have traveled in Haven forward the wind has usually been really strong (when cruising) and I rarely have used the cabin balcony.

It is a hike to the Haven from Aft PH but it was fine with us. I do like being close to the Haven areas, but the huge balcony is worth a bit of inconvenience to me.

I experienced no difference in cabin service from the butler being aft. On the Escape there is a food galley aft.

IMO, having (4) in a cabin would sway me to the aft; so much more space and the 2nd full bath is a plus. If anyone has mobility issues, I would choose the OS.

If you do the OS, I would strongly suggest deck 17.

For a party of four-Which would u pick and why? Also...what deck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks all!:D That was the info I was looking for. I cant afford a DOS and need the second bathroom. Will opt for a Penthouse Aft. I had the two bedroom villa on the Breakaway last year and the extra bedroom is too small for the price.I'm just wondering...Why the preference for the configuration on the lower deck as opposed to deck 15 Aft Penthouse?

Thanks all!:D That was the info I was looking for. I cant afford a DOS and need the second bathroom. Will opt for a Penthouse Aft. I had the two bedroom villa on the Breakaway last year and the extra bedroom is too small for the price.I'm just wondering...Why the preference for the configuration on the lower deck as opposed to deck 15 Aft Penthouse?

My understanding from some is that having the buffet directly above and only being two floors below h20 is a problem for some people. I have a aft penthouse on a cruise in 3 weeks on 15. I picked it because it is only 1 deck below the area I will be spending a lot of time. My family are not light sleepers so sounds of moving cars in the morning will not bother any of us. The kids fall asleep even with noise so any sounds from h20 at night will not be a big issue. Plus just being roughly 50 feet further away from h20 I doubt will make that much more of a difference with that noise.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I'm just wondering...Why the preference for the configuration on the lower deck as opposed to deck 15 Aft Penthouse?

As for room configuration, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15 all have the same configuration on Escape (A)

Decks 11 and 14 have the other configuration (B)

For 4 adults, configuration A would probably work better. There are 2 entrances to the balcony and the master bathroom probably works better for them. With configuration B, the ocean view from the master bathroom is nice but people on the balcony can "see" the person in the bathroom (there is a shade but....).

The balconies are different sizes depending on deck. From largest to smallest, they are 9, 12, 15, 11, 14, 10, 13.

Decks 11 and 14 are pretty much the same size but 9 and 12 are much larger than 10 and 13.

Because of the noise potential from the buffet (deck 16) and Spice H2O (deck 17), deck 15 is less desirable to many people. If balcony size is important, some would take deck 15 over deck 10 (for example).

There isn't really a "bad" choice but every deck has positives and negatives.

Plus just being roughly 50 feet further away from h20 I doubt will make that much more of a difference with that noise.

With the balcony door closed and sealed, the noise isn't really a problem. The bass is what disturbs most people. Being lower reduces the vibrations.

Are the cabin sizes the same from deck to deck and the biggest difference is the size of the balcony? I am still trying to decide which deck we want to choose. Our option today are either PH on deck 9, deck 12 or 13, 14900 (starboard), or deck 15 I think 15280 that we have on hold now. So much info to review to help decide! We have a family of 7 and have done the 2 bed twice now. We're planning to book the Aft PH and a balcony next door for 3 of the older kids.

I would take 12. I had 12306 and it was terrific! It has the "good" layout (separate balcony door in master). We did not have noise or other interference. I wouldn't be concerned about starboard or port.

Are the cabin sizes the same from deck to deck and the biggest difference is the size of the balcony? I am still trying to decide which deck we want to choose. Our option today are either PH on deck 9, deck 12 or 13, 14900 (starboard), or deck 15 I think 15280 that we have on hold now. So much info to review to help decide! We have a family of 7 and have done the 2 bed twice now. We're planning to book the Aft PH and a balcony next door for 3 of the older kids.

I would take 12. I had 12306 and it was terrific! It has the "good" layout (separate balcony door in master). We did not have noise or other interference. I wouldn't be concerned about starboard or port.

This is the one I finally decided on. 9 was tempting with the larger balcony and being only 1 floor away from the Waterfront, which we didn't visit at all on our first cruise, but I think 12 will be a happy medium. Honestly, I don't know that you can really go wrong....at least I'll be on a ship in the middle of a beautiful ocean and not at home working! Right?!:cool: