Cancellation at the Last Minute

cstrick

Has anyone had this situation? We are booked on a cruise in about three months and one of our party may not be able to go. I realize that the fare is not refundable . My question is.... are the other 2 people in the suite cancelled too or can they go on as before. The cruise line will not be losing any money at this point. I'd appreciate answers.

it should not be a problem for the others as long as their names are on the booking

You should talk with your TA or Oceania to see if any change in the fare though

it should not be a problem for the others as long as their names are on the booking

You should talk with your TA or Oceania to see if any change in the fare though

Could you please elaborate on the part of your post I bolded?

As OP noted, the cruise line will not be losing any money at this point, so why could the fare be changed?

Has anyone had this situation? We are booked on a cruise in about three months and one of our party may not be able to go. I realize that the fare is not refundable . My question is.... are the other 2 people in the suite cancelled too or can they go on as before. The cruise line will not be losing any money at this point. I'd appreciate answers.

Check with your TA immediately to make sure there is no repricing based on what your original deal may have been (e.g., special fare for new Oceania customers, etc). What you don't need is a surprise if you don't handle this beforehand.

That said, do realize that any cruise line generally loses money when there's a no show since it probably also means a loss of bar, spa, shop et al. income.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Could you please elaborate on the part of your post I bolded?

As OP noted, the cruise line will not be losing any money at this point, so why could the fare be changed?

I agree there should not be a change but some cruise lines may discount the 3/4 pax in the cabin

not sure how O does it that is why I suggest talking to them

or just show up & tell them at check in the other person is not sailing & see what happens