Regal Enclave Hydro Pool and Ceramic Beds

Baystate

The things that really interest me about the Regal enclave would be the hydro pool and maybe the heated ceramic beds, but I like things on the hotter side rather than the cooler side. Can anyone tell me if the hydro pool is lukewarm or on the warmer side of things, and are the ceramic beds heated?

In September of 2014 we found the temperature to be very nice, much warmer than lukewarm. We have our hot tub at home set for 99 degrees F and the hydrotherapy pool seemed similar. Of course at that time the stone beds were nice an warm and there have been reports that the heat has been turned down [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The things that really interest me about the Regal enclave would be the hydro pool and maybe the heated ceramic beds, but I like things on the hotter side rather than the cooler side. Can anyone tell me if the hydro pool is lukewarm or on the warmer side of things, and are the ceramic beds heated?

It's a crapshoot. Sometimes the pool is nice and warm, sometimes not so much. On a few occasions it has even been downright cool. The tile beds are now virtually always unheated, and the staff will (falsely) tell you that they are designed to be unheated despite the fact that the spa management company's corporate headquarters admitting that they are supposed to be heated at all times. The spa management company (Steiner) is dodgy, or at least very lax in their quality control.

Can someone comment who's sailed Regal since the recent drydock?

We've happily purchased and enjoyed the Thermal Suite on a few other Princess ships, and we're cruising the Baltic with Regal this summer.

Recent comments suggest Regal's "heated" stone beds have been stone cold, with spa personnel positioning this as a feature, rather than a bug. The Princess website still says about the Regal Princess Enclave "Relax on heated stone beds..."

Drydock might have been an opportunity for Princess to fix the problem (if they saw it as a problem).

Guests have different priorities and interests, but I can't imagine relaxing on chilly stone loungers. So we'd be in no hurry to spend >$200 per person for The Enclave if the experience doesn't match what we've had on older Princess ships.

Here is my experience, we were on the maiden sailing and booked the enclave, it was great pool very warm, beds very warm, that was 2014. In 2015, we did the transatlantic crossing, having loved the enclave, we booked again....BIG disappointment. The pool was still warm enough, but no real warmth to the beds. Spoke with the spa manager, this is what we were told. Since the set is different in the enclave, the room temperature is already warm, which is not the case on other ships, people laying on the very warm beds were not properly hydrating. So to prevent these medical issues they decided to reduce the temperature on the beds, the desk can increase the temp, but only for 30 minutes and it is only by a few degrees. It completely changed the experience for us. I would suggest on the first day, go check it out, you can test the temperature and see if you will be happy. We did that this year on the Royal and again we were happy in the enclave. Enjoy your trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can someone comment who's sailed Regal since the recent drydock?

We've happily purchased and enjoyed the Thermal Suite on a few other Princess ships, and we're cruising the Baltic with Regal this summer.

Recent comments suggest Regal's "heated" stone beds have been stone cold, with spa personnel positioning this as a feature, rather than a bug. The Princess website still says about the Regal Princess Enclave "Relax on heated stone beds..."

Drydock might have been an opportunity for Princess to fix the problem (if they saw it as a problem).

Guests have different priorities and interests, but I can't imagine relaxing on chilly stone loungers. So we'd be in no hurry to spend >$200 per person for The Enclave if the experience doesn't match what we've had on older Princess ships.

I do not know when the Regal was dry docked, but we were on the Regal the first week of February and bought week passes to the Enclave for both of us, The beds were not heated and when I asked the embarkation day/pre-sail tour guide about the unheated beds she had no clue (but, we never saw her again anywhere the Enclave during the cruise so she may have been a one-day only Enclave salesperson). With the very warm pool (wonderful, best of any ship that we have been on), and several very hot saunas, it felt good to cool down on the tile beds.

I purchased the weeklong Enclave pass on our April 2017 cruise and, sadly, felt like it was a waste of money. The pool (to me) was not hot enough. The beds were unheated. The best part for me were the steam rooms (i had a bit of a head cold). Would I purchase it again? No!

I purchased the weeklong Enclave pass on our April 2017 cruise and, sadly, felt like it was a waste of money. The pool (to me) was not hot enough. The beds were unheated. The best part for me were the steam rooms (i had a bit of a head cold). Would I purchase it again? No!

I agree with you. I've used those heated ceramic beds on other ships and it's the main draw for me. If the ceramic beds aren't heated, I won't pay for the enclave.