Royal On Board Research Group ~ Allure ~ Anyone heard of this?

Received an email today stating I was being considered to be part of an on board research group for our upcoming Allure of the Seas. Filled out a survey. Sounds very interesting. Hope I make the cut!!

Yes, this was the same email I received. The OP is on our roll call for this cruise. Just posted it over there also.

Thanks for the link. Missed Snooksi's post on the main board.

I'm still wondering if the email is really from RC.

I'm still wondering if the email is really from RC.

I figured out it isn't from RCCL even though the email was meant to look like it. They had the RCCL graphic at the top of the letterhead. They also had the return address listed as RCCL. However, when you click on the actual email address, it's listed as Royal Caribbean <noreply@qemailserver.com>

When I put the address into google search, a Facebook help forum came up. Apparently, someone received the same survey, etc stating they were doing research for Facebook. This was Facebook's official response:

"That is not a Facebook email address and does not appear to be a Facebook survey. I recommend not engaging with links like this as they could be fishing scams. If you would like to leave feedback, you can use the following link from our Help Center" blah, blah, blah

I won't be responding to anything more from these people and I'm upset that I gave them my home address and phone number on the initial survey...UGH

I don't see RCI allowing anyone do something like that on their ship without their approval.

I tend to agree, though the possiblity exists that all they care about is getting the app loaded, and everything else is BS.

Bob, who makes a living being paranoid.

That could be, but for $700 in OBC, are you willing to go along?

I'd have to see the written terms, i.e., when do I get the OBC, are there restrictions on what it can be used for, etc. In my mind, Royal skirts the edge of decepive business practices, and I don't trust things to be exactly as represented.

Whoever sent the email had to get the info from Royal. They probably outsourced it to a survey firm at least for the initial screening, this is typical. As far as the OBC, the letter suggests that you may only get it if you satisfactorily complete each mission and half-hour interview. If you bail out on Day 2 no OBC for you.