April 30th Sailing of the Liberty, Just Back

I can't wait to read your review!

Do you remember what dinner menus were which nights in the MDR?

Which excursions did you do?

We are heading out in 16 days, but who is counting??

Did not do any excursions. Have been to all the ports several times. One excursion I would recommend is the Salsa and Salsa in Cozumel. We've done it 3-4 times and enjoyed it each time.

Sorry I can't remember menu, last formal night is lobster. I opted for two entries that night, lobster and prime rib;) We did notice that some of the menu items that were displayed at the kiosk outside the MDR's were not in sync with what was actually on the menu. Our server told us the menu had changed, but they've not updated the kiosks.

Overall the food was okay. The lamb chops were prepared to perfection, mho, and all the fish dishes seemed to be spot on.

The everyday desserts have changed in the MDR effective with the 30 Apr cruise. Now REAL creme brûlée. Apple pie ala mode & a chocolate cake. So nice having real creme brûlée rather than that nasty banana thing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Apple pie a la mode? That sounds so much better than some of the spongy-excuses for desserts. I'm ready for a new menu all together. Any ideas on if it's coming?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got back today! I loved the creme brulee. Ordered it every single night and sometimes with another dessert. I didn't realize it was a new menu item. I thought the food in the MDR was great. We ate there every night at the 5:30 pm seating.

I do want to add that we used Port Parking in Galveston. Opted for the indoor parking. Huge inside area, plenty of space between cars. Easy peasy, reserved several months ahead online. I think they provide a $5 off coupon on their website. Total for the week was $70.37. Shuttle to and from was a snap. We got off the ship about 9:30am, by the time we got through customs it was probably after 10. We were in the car on the way home at 10:30. Can't get much better than that.

Heres a tip: if you buy alcohol to take home, carry it with you. One idiot had a 3 liter bottle of Crown in a small gym bag, he let the porter take it out the terminal and to the shuttle. Needless to say the bottle broke. The driver of the shuttle smelled the alcohol, as did everyone on the shuttle. He shouted "anyone have alcohol in their bag?" No one answered. When we arrived at the parking terminal, the booze was pouring down the sides of several bags. When the guy grab his gym bag, he walked to the door of the parking garage, opened the bag and dumped the broken bottle, glass and all at the door and left. He gave me a dirty look when I yelled "you should have carried that on, ya just can't fix stupid." He paid like $80 for that bottle, serves him right.

I got back today! I loved the creme brulee. Ordered it every single night and sometimes with another dessert. I didn't realize it was a new menu item. I thought the food in the MDR was great. We ate there every night at the 5:30 pm seating.

Last creme brûlée I was served was runny, like unset jello and had a strange taste. Were the ones you loved more traditional texture with that delicious taste? And did it have a "crust" on it?

Last creme brûlée I was served was runny, like unset jello and had a strange taste. Were the ones you loved more traditional texture with that delicious taste? And did it have a "crust" on it?

none of mine had a strange taste. one night's creme brûlée was not all the way set but all of them had that really creamy taste. they all had a hard crust on top. i liked most everything in the MDR and so did our table mates.