Port Everglades Pick Up Question

FisherBrewCrew

We are going on a cruise next summer and my mom is meeting us after our cruise to spend a few days in the Florida Keys before we have to go home. Our cruise comes back on a Thursday. I read on weekends there is a call lot for free pick up. Is there a similar option during the week for pick up since she will be picking us up from the port? If we have to pay for parking for an hour we will, but we'd rather not.

Thanks!

Yes, there is a cell phone lot. Well signed. Or you could do a Google Search for Port Everglades Map, which gets you this:

https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

which shows the cell phone lot by Terminal 18.

Yes, there is a cell phone lot. Well signed. Or you could do a Google Search for Port Everglades Map, which gets you this:

https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

Thank you!! She gets nervous when she's not sure what to do or where to go.

Thanks for the map showing the cell phone lot's location. I did not know it was there.

Do you know how large it is? I discovered in December that the FLL airport's cell phone lot was not very large and was overflowing with cars.

The OP might want to have a Plan B in mind if the Port Everglades lot is full.

In my experience dropping off people the port is very well signed and easy to follow.

As for a Plan B - Go to any of the restaurants on SR 84 or 17th Street, have a cup of coffee, and wait. I'm not sure how big the cell phone lot is. I suspect however that it won't be full on a Thursday.

Thanks for the map showing the cell phone lot's location. I did not know it was there.

Do you know how large it is? I discovered in December that the FLL airport's cell phone lot was not very large and was overflowing with cars.

The OP might want to have a Plan B in mind if the Port Everglades lot is full.

The Port Everglades lot is larger than the airport's lot (which is a disgrace!) and not nearly as busy. It will definitely be more quiet on a weekday than a winter weekend - we picked up our daughter's family on a midweek day last winter and there were never more than a dozen cars in the lot while we waited about 1/2 hour for them to disembark.

The Port Everglades lot is larger than the airport's lot (which is a disgrace!) and not nearly as busy. It will definitely be more quiet on a weekday than a winter weekend - we picked up our daughter's family on a midweek day last winter and there were never more than a dozen cars in the lot while we waited about 1/2 hour for them to disembark.

The cell phone waiting lot at FLL has at least 50 or 60 parking spaces and I've never seen all of them full.

The cell phone waiting lot at FLL has at least 50 or 60 parking spaces and I've never seen all of them full.
You are very lucky. We have. In addition the lot is very small with a very narrow aisle and bad sight lines.....I guess that is all they could do when sticking it under an overpass. Plus, access is very poorly signed. We've gotten to the point that for some of our visitors (those traveling without checked luggage), we wait at the Total Wine parking lot on 17th Street (gives us a good excuse to stop in at Total Wine :D) and tell them to call us when they exit the plane and wait for us on the arrivals level.

You are very lucky. We have. In addition the lot is very small with a very narrow aisle and bad sight lines.....I guess that is all they could do when sticking it under an overpass. Plus, access is very poorly signed. We've gotten to the point that for some of our visitors (those traveling without checked luggage), we wait at the Total Wine parking lot on 17th Street (gives us a good excuse to stop in at Total Wine :D) and tell them to call us when they exit the plane and wait for us on the arrivals level.

100% agree with what you are saying about FLL's cell phone lot. When I attempted to use it in December, every legal spot was full and a few cars were parked in such a way that it made the narrow aisle even worse. Poor signage and. perhaps I missed an exit sign due to the chaos, but it took a long time to get out of the lot and the airport because of the traffic.

I called my friend whom I was picking up and told her to take a cab. I wasn't going to try to navigate that mess again.