Another pre-cruise Miami question

jjdmom8

We will be flying into Miami the day before, looking for a nice hotel for the night. Would prefer a balcony where we could enough the views from and for the smokers in the group. If possible, would like a multi bedroom unit that we could stay in together vs 2 or 3 separate rooms. Would need to be able to walk for dinner? and maybe a close store to pick up drink to carry onboard.

Next question.. transportation to the port and then from the port back to the airport. The only time we have flown in for a cruise, we flew in day of and used the carnival shuttle for transportation to the ship and back to the airport. I feel like I need to pre-arrange something so we are not trying to figure it out then. There will be 4 of us but could be 6 or 8 by cruise time. Late September 2017.

Thanks in advance!

Check out the Homewood Suites in the Mary Brickell area -- multi-room rooms plus lots of local dining/shopping in the area. Taxi from MIA to the hotel will be about $25+ per cab (hint: mini-van taxis are the same fare as standard cabs) or you can Uber for about $15. Taxi (about $13-15) or Uber (under $10) or the hotel shuttle will get you to POM the next morning.

Post cruise taxi from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $27+tip or you can Uber for under $20 -- with 4 plus bags you will likely need UberXL for about what the taxi will charge.

We used Regency Miami airport last time. They have balconies, and also a pre bookable POM shuttle. Though we used Uber as our sailing was late afternoon, they have a left luggage room if you want to while away the morning around the pool.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking at an apartment option. The Doubletree Grand has various room options but also has 3 bed 3 BR with large balcony overlooking the bay. These can be found on AirB&B etc sites, I'm in the UK but they are also on hotels sites.

Shopping mall within the complex and other options for food close by